Written By: Amy Galloway
Edited by: Andrew Dunn
Nevada has so many great benefits to offer homeowners. With several outdoor activities to choose form, warm weather, affordable housing and the thrill of Las Vegas, it’s no wonder the population of Nevada continues to grow over 3.1 million. However, Nevada homeowners are susceptible to the breakdowns of many home systems and appliance due to the heat and humidity. A Nevada home warranty can save you thousands and offer you peace of mind when it comes to home repairs and replacements. Read on to learn about the best home warranty companies in Nevada.
In this guide, we will cover . . .
- What is a home warranty?
- Why should you have home protection on your home?
- What should you look for when purchasing a Nevada home warranty?
- The 5 best home warranty companies in Nevada for 2023
- And much more!
$200 Off + FREE Bonus Month
Limited Offer: $50 Off + 1 month free
Limited Time: $150 Off All Home Warranty Plans
The temperatures across the state of Nevada can often wind up over 100 degrees. If you don’t have a working HVAC system, air conditioners, ductwork, and ceiling fans, you will be ready to leave the state quickly. Home warranty companies help keep these systems running.
Let’s take a look at some of the best home warranty companies in Nevada.
Best Home Warranty Companies in Nevada
- All plans have comprehensive coverage. Most other home warranty plans cover either just systems or just appliances.
- Choice’s coverage caps are $3,000 per item, per year for most major systems and appliances beating the industry average.
- Choice Home Warranty doesn't exclude older homes, so you can still get coverage regardless of the age of your property.
- $200 off + 1 Month Free + Free Roof Coverage!
- BBB's Only A+ Accredited Home Warranty Company!
- 60-day workmanship guarantee compared to the average of 30 days.
- More than 20 options, including window washing, swimming pools, and irrigation.
- 24/7 service calls
- With over 52 years of experience and 1.7 million customers AHS has a long history in the industry.
- American Home Shield, lest you choose a service fee that works for your budget.
- Coverage caps for systems are unlimited across all three plans and are either $3000 or $6000 for appliances.
- $150 off + 2 months free
- FREE Roof Leak Coverage
- Good selection of plans
- Must file claims within 3 days
- $75 cancellation fee
- Save up to $150 on a new plan
- Choose your own service fee!
- Lower chance of claim denial
- Higher fee for contract transfer
- Higher cancellation fee
- Best Customer Service 2020
- $100 Instant Online Discount
- Plans from $25/m
- Automatically renewed policy
Disclosure: ReviewHomeWarranties.com has referral agreements with some of the home warranty companies presented on our lists throughout this website, including our the above rankings. Referral income which we generate through these agreements helps us keep the content free of ads and accessible.
Top 5 Best Home Warranty Companies in Nevada
- Choice Home Warranty (Best Overall)
- Liberty Home Guard (Best Customer Service)
- American Home Shield (Most Customizable)
- Cinch Home Services (Best Add-On Options)
- America’s 1st Home Club (Best For Customization)
Compare Nevada Home Warranty Providers
|Provider||Best For||Monthly Cost||Service Fee||BBB Rating|
|Choice Home Warranty||Best Overall||$45 - $53||$85||D+|
|Liberty Home Guard||Best Customer Service||$45 - $54||$75||A-|
|American Home Shield||Most Customizable||$25 - $75||$75 - $125||B|
|Select Home Warranty||Most Affordable||$44 - $48||$60||B-|
|Americas First Choice Home Club||Best For Customization||$46 - $68||$75 - $125||B|
|First American Home Warranty||Best Appliance Coverage||$52-$77||$75 - $125||B|
|Cinch Home Services||Best Add On Coverage||$45 - $62||$100 - $150||B|
Nevada Home Warranty Costs
Although you will want to choose a home warranty that is comprehensive and will meet the needs of your Nevada home, the cost is another essential factor to consider. The costs of the home warranty plans on the market will vary considerably from one provider to another. Having a handle on what the average costs could be for your home will certainly help to ensure that you get a good value for your home warranty plan. At Review Home Warranties, we have put together the averages for all Nevada home warranties. We did these averages for a wide range of home types so that you can feel that you are making a smart investment with your home warranty purchase. Know these averages before you start calling around to get quotes for your Nevada home.
Average Annual Premium
Single Family Home
Home Over 5,000 sq ft
Home Under 5,000 sq ft
Nevada Home Warranty Companies Reviews
Although it can be a great thing that Nevada homeowners have access to more than 50 home warranty plans, it also becomes very overwhelming. Narrowing down the options on the market had us comparing things like coverage choices, pricing, years in the industry, sign-on incentives, and more than twenty-five other factors. We came up with the top four Nevada home warranty companies.
1. Best Overall: Choice Home Warranty
Choice Home Warranty is the best overall home warranty policy in Nevada. If you are a homeowner, you have probably been exposed to some service contracts or policies from companies filled with fine print. Choice Home Warranty does everything they can to make their policy as simple and straightforward as possible. The Choice Home Warranty has been on the market for 13 years, and they have very impressive customer service reviews. Choice has handled over 4 million service requests across the United States, speaking to its professionalism, experience, and ease as a provider. Whether you go with the Basic Plan or the Total Plan, the Monthly premiums and service fees are also affordable with Choice Home Warranty.
Comprehensive plan options
No option to build out a custom plan
|Slightly higher service fee|
High coverage limits or caps
Free Cancellation for the first 30 days
Plans, Pricing, and Coverage
Choice Home Warranty offers two combo or comprehensive policies to choose from. These plans offer both system and appliance coverage as part of their plan, and they are priced very fairly for the depth of coverage. For under $45 per month, you can get the Basic Plan which covers 14 appliances and systems in your home. However, for not even $10 more, you can get the Total plan which covers those 14 items plus 4 more: washer and dryer, refrigerator, and air conditioning. Although Choice Home Warranty's service fee is on the higher end for the industry at $85, the plan cost is evened out by the low monthly premiums. Choice also offers generous annual coverage limits for important systems such as air conditioning and heating.
Take a closer look at Choice Home Warranty's plan options:
- Basic Plan ($45 per month): This plan covered 13 basic home systems and appliances such as plumbing system, garage door opener, oven, ceiling fans, heating system, microwave, cooktop exhaust fans, dishwasher, electrical system, toilet, garbage disposal, ductwork, and water heater. For homes under 5,000 in Nevada, you can get this plan for as low as $45.
- Total Plan ($53.33 per month): For less than $9 more per month, the Total Plan can offer you more comprehensive coverage and high coverage limits of $3,000 on some items like A/C and heating. This plan covers all 13 items in the Basic plan plus coverage on four more: clothes washer, clothes dryer, refrigerator, and air conditioner. Air conditioner coverage is essential due to the toll the Nevada heat can do on A/C units.
- Optional add-ons: Choice covers nine add-ons. Those nine are sump pump, central vacuum, septic tank, well pump, pool, spa, stand-alone freezer, and limited roof leak coverage.
Cost Per Month
What Customers Are Saying:
“I have been a customer of Choice Home Warranty for almost four years now and I am pleased with how they handle and service my needs, I recently was without heat at my home and although it took several weeks to get someone out to repair my gas furnace, finally my claim was picked up by Frost Mechanical. The technician that came to my home was very professional and courteous and was able to complete the repair in a timely manner. His name was Dan and I definitely would recommend his work to anyone" - Elizabeth W.
Read our Choice Home Warranty Review to learn more.
2. Best Reviewed: Liberty Home Guard
Liberty Home Guard's plans are an excellent choice for those looking for a highly rated company in the state of Nevada. It can be challenging to get a positive review as a home warranty contractor. People love to find issues with the service they receive in this industry and most only leave a review when they have an issue, but Liberty Home Guard has really stood out as offering some of the best coverage with the least amount of hassle. With just two years in the industry, Liberty Home Guard has earned an A- BBB rating for having 24/7 customer support, fairly priced plans, and prioritizing resolving its customer's complaints. Liberty Home Guard may not be the cheapest option, but its value speaks for itself.
BBB rating of an A-
Optional plan choices tend to be priced a bit high
Very positive customer reviews
To get a very comprehensive policy, the price increases considerably
Easy to contact customer service
60 Day workmanship guarantee
Plans, Pricing, and Coverage
There are three Liberty Home Guard plans in Nevada. The appliance and systems plans are a little more limited, and the Total Home Guard tends to make the best overall choice for most Nevada homeowners. Having both appliance and system coverage for one reasonable price is a great option. Not to mention Total Home Guard will cover 20 of your home's major appliance and systems, including heating, air conditioner, and refrigerator (plus the ice maker). Although LHG prices many seem high for a Nevada home warranty, the coverage and coverage limits you get with Liberty are unmatched. Where most companies will usually only cover up to $1,000 annually, Liberty Home Guard covers up to $1,600 on all the items in your policy, and up to $2,500 for your air conditioning and heating system, which are both essential to comfortable living in NV.
Here's a more detailed look at Liberty Home Guard's policies:
- Appliance Guard ($45 per month): This appliance-only plan covers 11 items which are clothes dryer, garage door opener, ceiling fans, microwave, oven, refrigerator, cooktop exhaust fan, garbage disposal, clothes washer, dishwasher, and refrigerator ice-maker.
- Systems Guard ($49.83 per month): This plan features coverage on nine major home systems. Systems covered are the electrical system, plumbing stoppages, air conditioning units, heating system, ductwork, plumbing system, bath exhaust fan, toilets, and water heater.
- Total Home Guard ($54.33 per month): The Total Home Guard plan offers comprehensive coverage on 20 total systems and appliances. By combining the other two plans, this plan has optimal coverage for NV homes. Although the price may seem high at just under $80, there are much higher coverage limits on items, most of which are capped at $1,500 but A/C and heating have higher annual payouts of $2,500 each.
- Optional add-ons: Liberty offers an executive and unique list of add-ons, offering more than 20 options for$29.99 to $299.99 annually. Some of those options are gutter cleaning, re-key service, lawn sprinklers, floor cleaning, pest control, and wine refrigerator.
Cost Per Month
Total Home Guard
What Customers Are Saying:
“Our claim was handled right away. My claims manager ***** and the tech who showed up did their job perfectly. My washing machine works like new now, the service I got exceeded all my expectations. Very pleased overall, I will surely recommend Liberty to my friends and neighbors." -Christopher S.
For more information, read our Liberty Home Guard Review.
3. Most Customizable: American Home Shield
American Home Shield is the most customizable home warranty for Nevada homeowners. When you customize a home warranty plan, you can pick and choose coverages that fit the specific needs of your home. Since a home in Reno may be a bit different than a home in Las Vegas, it’s good to have the ability to customize a plan. American Home Shield has spent the last 50 years in the home warranty industry, and therefore they are trustworthy and offer comprehensive coverage choices. AHS also has one of the highest coverage limits offered by any home warranty company in Nevada at up to $6,000 per appliance depending on your plan. With affordable pricing, customizable plans and services fees, and a 30-day workmanship guarantee, you cannot go wrong with AHS.
More than 50 years of industry experience
Considered to be a more premium policy
Can build out your custom plan and customize pricing
Some of the policy choices are priced a bit higher
Great customer service
Smart add-on coverage choices for Nevada homeowners
Plans, Pricing, and Coverage
American Home Shield has three Nevada home warranty policy options. Each of these policies covers systems, but only two will protect both systems and appliances. You can start with these plans, or you can just put together a completely custom option with the help of an American Home Shield sales representative. American Home Shield allows you to choose your service fee of $75, $100, or $125. The higher service fee you choose, the lower your monthly payment will be. The AHS plans are considerably affordable, and only get more budget-friendly when you choose a higher service fee. Plus, if you go with ShieldPlatinum, you will get extensive coverage on over 25 home systems and appliances in your Nevada home for as low as $75.82 per month.
Take a closer look at American Home Shield's policies (note: these prices are based on a $100 service fee):
- ShieldSilver™ ($35.82 per month): For basic systems coverage, the ShieldSilver plan covers 17 systems including ductwork, air conditioning, water heater, electrical system, plumbing, heating system, smoke alarms, garage door opener, and doorbells.
- ShieldGold™ ($55.82 per month): To get basic coverage on both systems and appliances, this plan covers 23 items and has coverage cap reaching $3,000 on a few items. It covers most of the systems included in ShieldSilver plus some additional ones such as the electrical system, microwave, heating system, clothes washer, dishwasher, clothes dryer, oven, and refrigerator.
- ShieldPlatinum™ ($85.82 per month): This is the most popular plan in Nevada, offering comprehensive coverage on 27 systems and appliances. It covers all 23 items covered in the ShieldGold plan plus locksmith, water dispenser, and garbage disposal. ShieldPlatinum also comes with a free $1,000 credit toward code violations and permits, free HVAC tune-up and free roof leak coverage.
- Optional add-ons: The six additional coverages are pool, septic system, spa, TV, PC, and well pump.
Cost Per Month
$75 - $125
$75 - $125
$75 - $125
What Customers Are Saying
“Easy to put in a claim and they immediately assigned a company to handle the problem. The contractor immediately sent a suggested date for repair. That did not work for us, so we called the contractor directly to change the date. Once the contractor arrived, he looked at the problem and fixed it. Then he double checked to make sure it would last and took the time to make small adjustments so the fix would last." - Jim S.
Read our full American Home Shield Review to learn more.
4. Best Workmanship: Cinch Home Services
Cinch Home Services home warranty offers the best workmanship for a Nevada home warranty. Having to pay more than one service fee to fix the same home warranty issue is quite troublesome. With Cinch Home Services, you have 180 days from the time of your original repair to get free re-service. That's 6 months! Other home warranty companies typically only cover 30-60 days in their parts or labor guarantees. This ensures that your home systems and appliances will be fixed properly and hold over time. Cinch Home Services has 40 years of experience under their belt, and it shows in the way it handles and manages its claims. Cinch also offers three plan options to make sure all of your home systems and appliances are covered and if they need servicing, they will be looked at by a qualified technician.
40 years in the home warranty business
Higher service fees make the plan a little more expensive
Long 180-day workmanship guarantee
Some negative customer reviews
Three moderately priced plans
Plans, Pricing, and Coverage
Like many other NV home warranty companies on the market, Cinch Home Service has an appliance plan, a systems plan, and a comprehensive combo Complete Home Plan. The Complete Home Plan is only slightly more expensive, but you will have more peace of mind about your home. The Complete Home Plan covers more systems and appliances than almost any other home warranty on the market at 30 items covered. Similar to AHS, Cinch allows the policyholder to choose their service fee, but they run a bit higher at $75, $100, or $150. The service fee costs are a bit high with Cinch but remember they come with that 180-day guarantee. You can almost ensure that these are highly experienced contractors coming into your Nevada home.
Take a more detailed look at Cinch Home Service's plans (note: these prices are based on a $100 service fee):
- Appliances Plan ($44.99 per month): This appliances plan covers trash compactor, refrigerator, microwave, oven, free-standing ice maker, refrigerator ice-maker, cooktop exhaust fan, dishwasher, clothes dryer, food center, and clothes washer. That's 11 items covered for as low as $35 per month.
- Built-In Systems Plan ($51.99 per month): This systems-only plan includes coverage on 21 systems such as air conditioner, smoke alarms, central vacuum, heating system, garage door opener, electrical septic and septic tank pumping, bath exhaust fans, attic fans, water dispenser, ductwork and more.
- Complete Home Plan ($61.99 per month): The Complete Home Plan is the ultimate option for Nevada homeowners as it covers all the items in the systems-only and appliance-only plans for coverage on a total of 32 items. As an added bonus, this plan comes with a $500 reimbursement for homeowners insurance per contract term and includes high coverage caps of $1,000 to $2,000 per item.
- Optional add-ons: Cinch has a limited list of add-ons because of the amount of coverages it includes in its Complete Home Plan. However, the company offers a Premier Upgrade Package to its customers, which includes $1,000 for any unforeseen costs that may occur during a claim. There are also three other add-ons: pool, septic systems, and well pump.
Cost Per Month
$100 - $150
Built-in Systems Plan
$100 - $150
Complete Home Plan
$100 - $150
What Customers Are Saying
“When I began this policy 3 yrs. ago, the field service was very good, but the phone service through the home office number was a true nightmare. It took from July 15 to August 27 to process one claim because of the in-house number maze. I determined not to give up as I documented 18 different 800 numbers I was transferred back & forth to. This is not an exaggeration, I have the documents of proof, with dates, numbers, & names. I only wish I had documented the hours spent in this process. I got satisfaction only when I pieced together bits & pieces of info and went online myself and hunted down the delivery service I needed. Forty two days dealing with the home Warranty passing the buck (me) & I finally ran down the provider myself for satisfaction. With that said, I was dreading entering my current service need, & was so pleased to find that the phone maze had disappeared ...gone. I've only dealt with one number, & that is direct. SHW get's 5 stars from me for fixing their most major problem, the passing the buck phone maze. I say whoohoo!!! out with the old, & in with the new" - Bruce W.
Read our full Cinch Home Services Review for more information.
5. Best for Quick Coverage: Home Service Club
Home Service Club is the best Nevada home warranty for quick coverage. With the Home Service Club home warranty, you will not have to undergo an inspection before starting your plan. The Home Service Club home warranty kicks in after ten days. Most home warranty companies take 30 days before they start coverage. This can be frustrating if an issue arose during that time period. Home Service Club has been on the market for more than 13 years, making it very experienced with customer service and workmanship.
No inspection is needed before the plan starts
Can be a high service fee
The plan starts after ten days
Not accredited by the BBB
Extensive coverage options even in the basic plan
Plans, Pricing, and Coverage
There are two plans from Home Service Club the Standard Coverage and the Comprehensive coverage plans. Each of these plans has both system and appliances as part of the total package. The Standard Coverage has a long list of options and will offer tremendous value. Overall, homeowners in Nevada like the coverage and the service they are getting from Home Service Club.
Take a more detailed look at Home Service Club's home warranty plans:
- Standard Coverage ($46.25 per month): The Standard Plan is the most basic option from Home Service Club. Even though this is considered the basic plan, the coverage is still impressive. Homeowners will benefit from the number of covered items included in the standard coverage plan, including air conditioners, ceiling fans, water leaks, water heater, electrical system, central vacuum, dishwasher, refrigerator, trash compactor, oven, and more.
- Comprehensive Coverage ($58.75 per month): The Comprehensive Coverage Plan from Home Service Club takes the Standard Plan and increases the coverage by about ten items. The coverages on the comprehensive plan are unique with things like gas leaks, ductwork, sump pump, pest control, doorbells, plumbing stoppages, attic fans, whole house exhaust, and more.
- Optional add-ons: Home Service club offers 12 additional or add-on coverages as part of their home warranty plan. Take a look at the Comprehensive Coverage to ensure it doesn't already have the coverage you need. The add-ons include things like a well pump, service line, plumbing sprinkler, spa and spa heater, free-standing freezer, water softener, and more.
Cost Per Month
What Customers Are Saying:
“I would like to have a peace of mind in terms of doing house repairs, especially since I don’t have extra time and energy to spare for things like those. Home Service Club reassures me that they would take care of any repairs or replacements that I would ever need. Thank you, HSC!”(Source)
Read our HSC review to learn more.
Home Warranty Coverage in Nevada Cities
- Carson City, NV
- Fallon, NV
- Fernley, NV
- Henderson, NV
- Las Vegas, NV
- Mesquite, NV
- Reno, NV
- Sun Valley, NV
- Sparks, NV
- Spanish Springs, NV
What is a Home Warranty?
A home warranty policy is a service contract agreement between you and a provider that covers the costs to fix or replace home systems and appliances after a breakdown. There are over 80 home warranty companies in the U.S., each with unique plan options, coverages, pricing and levels of experience. Home warranties typically cover either systems, appliances, or both. Your service contract will specify what is covered under your plan. Usually major home systems like electrical, heating, and plumbing are covered, as well as major appliances like refrigerator, oven, microwave, washer, and dryer. As a homeowner, looks for a plan that best suits the items in your home.
Every home warranty policy comes with a set rate. You can either pay the deductible monthly or annually, depending on your preference. It will also come with a service fee that you will pay each time the provider sends a technician to your home. Service fees usually run from $60-$85, and monthly payments are usually $40-80.
When an item in your home has a breakdown, you simply file a claim through your provider's online claims portal or provided phone number. The company will then send a professional technician to your home. If the item is covered, you will only pay the service fee for the fix or replacement, rather than the possible hundreds of dollars in out of pocket costs.
A home warranty doesn't cover damages caused by natural disasters like homeowners insurance does. Nor does it cover cosmetic damage, pre-existing conditions, misuse or neglect. Home warranties typically only cover normal wear-and-tear of systems and appliances. All of the inclusions and exclusions will be laid out in your contract.
How to Find the Best Home Warranty in Nevada
We know that Nevada homes have dry air and warm temperatures. This combination can cause an increase in the issues that you see with home systems and appliances. Understanding how your policy works and how it comes to other policies on the market is quite essential before choosing one of the best home warranty companies in Nevada. Let’s take a look at three things you should be sure to consider before you purchase your home warranty.
The home warranty systems are potentially the most important part of a Nevada home warranty. It’s tough to purchase an appliance-only plan for a Las Vegas home simply because the HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems are important factors in owning the home. Home warranty systems are expensive to fix, and you will want the home warranty in place to maintain them. With this you should also look at the optional coverage plans that can cover other major systems in your home such as your septic system, central vacuum, or HVAC tune-up.
A workmanship guarantee is how long you have after a completed repair to have a repair person come back and fix it. Sometimes repairs don’t work, and you will not want to be responsible for another service fee. Therefore the workmanship guarantee is a great way to avoid this. Some companies like Cinch Home Services will give up to 180 days.
The coverage limits will tell you how much coverage you can get for a covered item. For some protection plans, you may have $500 towards repairs; others plans may give you $3000. Overall the coverage limits will vary from one policy to the next, and they should be considered.
Are You Looking For The Best Home Warranty For Pre-Existing Conditions? Check Out This Article!
Home Warranty Tips for Nevada Residents
Nevada homeowners looking for a warranty need to consider some of the specifics about living in the state of Nevada. Although there are some great places for affordable real estate and plenty of entertainment, Nevada has some climate and weather that can make it difficult to keep your home in excellent condition.
One of the most important coverages for Nevada residents is the HVAC coverage. It does not matter if you live in Las Vegas, Reno, Carson City, Henderson, or Fallon; you will experience some very high temperatures.
In addition, the heat is arid heat. You may find that certain home appliances and systems will break down faster because of how brittle they can get from the heat wearing on them over time.
Overall, Nevada is not going to be all that cold in most areas. However, the homeowners that have become accustomed to Nevada temperatures will find it quite frigid outside when the temperatures get into the 50’s. Chances are your home has a heating system that is also going to need adequate coverage.
Another excellent tip for those that live in areas like North Las Vegas, Spring Valley, or Mesquite is the optional or add-on coverages that go along with a home warranty plan. Nevada doesn’t get much rain, and you may need a sprinkler system in the place to keep your lawn looking great.
You may also have a swimming pool or spa at your property, and a home warranty plan can help cover issues with those as well. With the temperatures in Nevada, this is not a state we would recommend skipping the system’s coverage. Home warranty plans are there to help you save money, but it helps to understand the way your Nevada home will be impacted.
Read Also: Which Home Warranty Plan is the Cheapest?
Home Warranty Regulations in Nevada
All of the companies on our list of the best home warranties in Nevada will be in good standing and well regulated with the state of Nevada. If you are looking into a company not on our list, make sure to check with the Nevada Division of Insurance.
The Nevada Division of Insurance is the governmental body that ensures that you as a homeowner are protected from scams related to home warranty companies. However, to be protected, you must first ensure that the company is registered correctly.
Read Also: Are Looking For The Best Home Warranty For First Time Buyers?
We hope you now feel a bit better about the different home warranty coverage options for Nevada residents. So many people think of Las Vegas when they think of Nevada. However, this is a very large state with cities like Sand Valley, Reno, and Carson City. Overall you will find some excellent home warranty options across the state of Nevada, but the Choice Home Warranty does stand out as the best overall option. The Choice Home Warranty is an excellent decision for your Nevada home with fair pricing and smart plan choices. Getting a Nevada home warranty will protect your home systems and appliances and you from expensive home maintenance.
Review Home Warranties Rating Methodology: How We Chose the Best Home Warranty Companies
At Review Home Warranties, we are committed to providing our readers with comprehensive and unbiased information on each provider that we review. Our methodology is a step-by-step process that ensures we maintain your trust through transparency and data that is backed-up through routine check-ins. When we picked our best home warranty companies, we reviewed and analyzed over 50 different companies. We then narrowed down our findings based on criteria that we find to be the most helpful for a homeowner in choosing a home warranty plan. Here is what our review process looks like:
- We call every home warranty provider, talking to sales agents and company representatives to gather accurate information on:
- Fine Print
- Plan Options
- Service Contract Details
- Customer Service
- Ratings and Reviews
- Add-On Options
- Additional Benefits
- We test the customer service, including factors such as wait times, friendliness, and problem-solving ability.
- We analyze the sample contracts and fine print from each brand we review. This allows us to break down the industry jargon, check for hidden stipulations, and see what is and isn’t covered so we can give readers straightforward information.
- We update all of this information on a continuous basis, storing it in a proprietary database that allows us to compare dozens of home warranty companies against each other.
From here we created a comprehensive, 100 point, rating scale based on the following factors:
- Plan options (25): Providers that offer more flexibility in their plans are rated higher.
- Coverage specifics (5): The more items covered in a home warranty plan, the higher the score.
- Pricing (25): We take the monthly fee and service fee into consideration when rating pricing.
- Trustworthiness (25): We comb through hundreds of reviews and check on BBB ratings to determine the trustworthiness of a company.
- State availability (5): Finding coverage in your state can be a challenge if home warranty companies aren’t located there. The more states covered, the higher the score.
- Customer service (10): Is this home warranty company responsive? Do they respond quickly to claims filed? Are they helpful in answering questions? All of these factors are considered when rating customer service.
- Additional benefits (5): Home warranty companies will typically offer special promotions or benefits for signing up for their services. The companies with the most benefit scored higher.
Of the 50 different companies that we’ve reviewed, we've broken down the seven best providers for home warranty coverage. To keep our ratings and data current, we have a full-time researcher who collects (and regularly updates) more than 100 specific data points from each company to help us compare them on key factors such as coverage, cost, service, and dependability. This list is ever-changing, as companies will update policies and procedures, and we will change our information accordingly.
Resources for Nevada Homeowners and Home Buyers
- HUD Nevada Homeownership Assistance: HUD Helps families of all income levels with issues that can come up during home buying or homeownership. HUD is a federal program with access to many different programs and grants that can help homeowners. If you are new to the homeownership or home buying process in Nevada, start with this tremendous resource.
- City of Fresno Homebuyer Resources: Fresno, Nevada, is a popular place to live, and it can soon be your home as well. Using the Fresno Homebuyer Resources, you can find information about grants, assistance, and general guidance in choosing a Fresno home.
- Home Again Nevada: With Home Again Nevada, you can get down payment assistance on your home and have a chance to see the reality of homeownership for you and your family. There are many grants and opportunities for Nevada homeowners, and Home Again will help you find them.
- Nevada Department of Business and Industry Homeowner Assistance: The Nevada Department of Business and Industry can help homeowners that are having a difficult time paying for their home or need some help in the closing process of a home. This is a great resource to look into, especially for lower-income Nevada homeowners.
- Nevada Weatherization Organization: Nevada Weatherization Organization is a federally funded program that helps homeowners that need help getting their homes prepared for any climate or weather-related issues. In addition, the Nevada Weatherization Organization can also help to make a home more energy-efficient.