Jump to: Top 6 Best Home Warranty Companies in Illinois | Compare Illinois HW Providers | Illinois Home Warranty Costs | Illinois HW Companies Reviews | HW Coverage in Illinois Cities | What is a Home Warranty? | How to Find the Best HW in Illinois | HW Tips for Illinois Residents | Final Thoughts | Review HW Rating Methodology | Resources for Homeowners and Home Buyers
Illinois homeowners can have their choice of a wide variety of homes. From the northern towns in Illinois to the southern tip, the state is very diverse. With access to the great city of Chicago, friendly suburbs, and plenty of outdoor activities, Illinois is a wonderful place to live. However, homeownership can often have its fair share of headaches with cold winter, warm summers, and fluctuations weather all year round. Homeowners in IL can give themselves some peace of mind by checking out the best home warranty companies in Illinois.
In this guide, we will cover . . .
- What is a home warranty?
- Why should you have home protection on your home?
- What should you look for when purchasing an Illinois home warranty?
- The 6 best home warranty companies in 2023
- And much more!
$200 Off + FREE Bonus Month
Limited Offer: $50 Off + 1 month free
Limited Time: New Customers Get $50 Off
Whether your dishwasher quits or your plumbing system has a blockage, a home warranty is designed to help you save money. If you are worried about the future of your home and want to ensure that it stays in working condition for years to come, a home warranty is a very smart investment.
If you need help determining the best home warranty in Illinois, we have all the information you need.
Disclosure: ReviewHomeWarranties.com has referral agreements with some of the home warranty companies presented on our lists throughout this website, including our the above rankings. Referral income which we generate through these agreements helps us keep the content free of ads and accessible.
Top 6 Best Home Warranty Companies in Illinois:
- Choice Home Warranty: Best Overall
- Liberty Home Guard: Best Reviewed
- American Home Shield: Most Customizable
- Select Home Warranty: Most Affordable
- America’s 1st Home Club: Best For Customization
- First American Home Warranty: Best Appliance Coverage
|Provider||Best For||Monthly Cost||Service Fee||BBB Rating|
|Choice Home Warranty||Best Overall||$40 - $48||$85||B-|
|Liberty Home Guard||Best Customer Service||$40 - $60||$60||A|
|American Home Shield||Most Customizable||$50 - $60||$75 - $150||B|
|Select Home Warranty||Most Affordable||$36 - $38||$60||B|
|Americas First Choice Home Club||Best For Customization||$28 - $40||$50 - $65||B|
|First American Home Warranty||Best Appliance Coverage||$38-$48.50||$85||B+|
Illinois Home Warranty Costs
When choosing a home warranty for your Illinois home, one of the most important factors to consider is the cost. Home warranty costs will typically include the monthly fees, service fees, and coverage caps. Comparing the costs of all the plans on the market can be a difficult task. However, at Review Home Warranties, we have done in-depth research to give you some averages regarding the Illinois home warranty costs. We felt that having an average cost for various home types in Illinois could make it easier for you to choose your home warranty plan. Knowing what other people are paying can certainly help you feel that you are getting a good deal on a home warranty.
Average Annual Premium
Single Family Home
Home Over 5,000 sq. ft.
Home Under 5,000 sq. ft.
Illinois Home Warranty Companies Reviews
Homeowners in Illinois have dozens of home warranties to choose from. However, not all of these plans have great coverage options, pricing, service fees, or BBB ratings. We spent time analyzing over thirty factors on each of these top home warranty companies and have narrowed the options down to the top 6 on the market for Illinois homeowners.
1. Best Overall: Choice Home Warranty
Choice Home Warranty is the best overall home warranty policy in the state of Illinois. Rated highly across the U.S., Choice Home Warranty has a network of experienced service professionals and several hundred positive customer reviews to prove its standing among the top home warranties in Illinois. With 13 years of experience, Choice has expanded its network to include every state but one and has created two robust protection plans to help any homeowner. Both the Basic Plan and the Total plan offer comprehensive coverage on your homes appliances and systems, and does not restrict coverage based on the age of the item as long as its been maintained properly. Choice Home Warranty offers a 90-day workmanship guarantee on services to ensure your satisfaction and keep your Illinois home running as smooth as possible.
Comprehensive plan options
It won’t allow you to build out a plan
Simple service contract
Great for both city and country homes
Fair service fees
Good contractor professionalism
Plans, Pricing and Coverage
Even though Choice is our #1 recommended option for a home warranty policy in Illinois, there are only two plans to choose from. Each of the plans that this company offers, the Basic Plan and the Total Plan, have both system and appliance coverage. This is something that Illinois homeowners will want regardless of which area of the state you live in. The overall pricing of the Choice Home Warranty plans is some of the most reasonable on the market at under $55 per month. Choice's service fee is pretty average for home warranties in Illinois at $85 per service call.
Take a deeper look at Choice Home Warranty's protection plans:
- Basic Plan ($42 per month): This plan covers a total of 14 appliances and systems including ceiling fans, cooktop exhaust fans, dishwasher, ductwork, garbage disposal, ductwork, electrical system, garage door opener, heating system, oven, microwave, plumbing system, toilet and water heater.
- Total Plan ($53.33 per month): For less than $10 more, this comprehensive plan covers all items included in the basic plan plus four more: clothes washer, clothes dryer, refrigerator, and air conditioner. The total 18 items covered with many coverage caps upwards of $3,000 on important items like air conditioning and heating system.
- Optional add-ons: There are nine optional add-ons offered by Choice including central vacuum, septic tank, sump pump, well pump, pool and spa, roof leaking, and stand-alone freezer.
Cost Per Month
What Customers Are Saying:
“Had an issue with the oven in our gas range. Placed a service request online on a Monday and shortly after placing the request, we had a technician scheduled for Thursday. The technician was prompt, courteous and efficient and had the oven back in good working order in less than an hour.” - Kay J.
Read our Choice Home Warranty review to learn more.
2. Most Customizable: American Home Shield
American Home Shield is the most customizable plan for Illinois homeowners. If your home has a pool, spa or simply doesn’t have HVAC or ductwork, you can simply choose to eliminate these from your plan, just simply contact an AHS representative to get your plans started. If you want a home warranty policy explicitly built for the needs of your home, the American Home Shield plan is the way to go. American Home Shield has been on the market for 50 years, and in that time as established itself as a top provider in Illinois and most other states with its excellent coverage options and customizable pricing.
More than 50 years in the home industry
It tends to be one of the more expensive policies
Can build out your own custom plan
It gives you the ability to customize pricing as well
Plenty of add on coverage choices
Plans, Pricing and Coverage
There are three premium home warranty policy choices from AHS. The two combo plans tend to be the most popular because of the wide range of coverage. However, if you still like the idea of building a plan from the ground up, the American Home Shield policies allow you to do that. The ShieldSilver plan will give you excellent systems-only coverage, whereas ShieldGold and ShieldPlatinum are both comprehensive combo plans. Most Illinois homeowner go with ShieldPlatinum because it has the most coverage for as low as $59.27 per month. In addition to customizing the plans, you can also customize the pricing of your service fee of $75, $100 or $125.
Here's a more detailed look at American Home Shield's Plans (note: these prices are based on a $100 service fee):
- ShieldSilver™ ($34.27 per month): This plan covers 17 home systems such as air conditioning, electrical system, doorbells, garage door opener, water heater, and ductwork. This plan has excellent coverage for HVAC systems and has coverage limits upward of $1,500 on most systems.
- ShieldGold™ ($44.27 per month): This plan covers 23 systems and appliances including clothes washer, heating system, trash compactor, microwave, electrical system, and more. The appliances covered under this plan have higher coverage limits at $3,000 per item and many coverages on specific items, like the electrical system, that are included in this plan are not offered by other providers.
- ShieldPlatinum™ ($64.27 per month): This plan is the most comprehensive plan offered by AHS for Illinois homeowners, covering a total of 27 systems and appliances. ShieldPlatinum™ includes the 23 items covered in ShieldGold plus disposal, locksmith, water dispenser and free roof leak coverage. This plan also includes free HVAC tune-up, higher coverage caps, and $1,000 voucher for code-required changes, modifications, and permits.
- Optional add-ons: A few additional items are offered by AHS including pool and spa, PC, TV, septic system and well pump coverage.
Cost Per Month
$75 - $125
$75 - $125
$75 - $125
What Customers Are Saying
“American Home Shield acted quickly to my service request. I am quite pleased with their service as they have saved me money in the short time I have been a customer. Highly recommend it.” - Bill M.
Read our American Home Shield Review for more information.
3. Most Affordable: Select Home Warranty
Select Home Warranty is the most affordable home warranty in Illinois. Select offers three plans with two of them, the appliances-only and the system-only, being priced the same. The more comprehensive option is only a few dollars more per month and offers excellent value. Overall, Select Home Warranty is one of the best home warranty plans for quality workmanship and customer service, guaranteed to get your Illinois home issues under control with a seamless claims process and work done by industry professionals. Select also offers free roof-leak coverage to Illinois homeowners with any plan, whereas with many other home warranty companies in Illinois, this will be an extra fee.
Good policy choices
Some of the covered items have lower policy limits
Impressive customer service
Overall less coverage depth than other companies
Easy to work with plans
High workmanship standards
Plans, Pricing and Coverage
Select Home Warranty offers three protection plans to customers: Bronze Care Plan for appliances, Gold Care Plan for systems, and the combination Platinum Care Plan. The Platinum Care Plan is the most popular option for homeowners in Illinois because it offers the most coverage on systems and appliances. Although Select's coverage limits may seem low, the affordable costs of the plans allows for an overall plan that can fit any budget. Select also offers one of the lowest service fees on the market at $60.
Take a look at Select Home Warranty's plan options:
- Bronze Care Plan ($60.42 per month): This plan offers coverage on seven appliances including garbage disposal, dishwasher, clothes dryer, microwave, oven, refrigerator and clothes washer. Bronze Care costs the same as Gold Care but only covers appliances, most of which have a $500 coverage limit.
- Gold Care Plan ($60.42 per month): This plan covers six systems including air conditioner, ductwork, electrical, heating, plumbing systems, and water heater. Gold Care costs the same as Bronze Care but only covers systems and offers higher coverage limits on some, such as the $2,000 limit on A/C, heating and water heaters.
- Platinum Care Plan ($65.83 per month): This plan offers the most comprehensive coverage of all plans, covering the seven appliances and six systems plus three more items: ceiling fans, garage door opener and plumbing stoppages.
- Optional add-ons: Selects add-on options are pool, spa, septic system, lawn sprinklers, stand-alone freezer, central vacuum, well pump, and sump pump. Free roof leak coverage up to the $400 limit is covered under each plan.
Cost Per Month
What Customers Are Saying
"Tremendous customer service and responsiveness. In particular, *********************** and crew worked swiftly to fulfill my requirements, tailored to my specific home repair needs. Thank you!" - Patrick G.
Read our Select Home Warranty Review to learn more information.
4. Best for Quick Coverage: Home Service Club
The Home Service Club is the best Illinois home warranty for quick coverage. If you can’t wait the standard 30 days for a home warranty to go into place, the Home Service Club is the plan of choice. The coverage from Home Service Club will go into effect after just ten days of purchasing your home warranty. In addition, you will not need an inspection to get your home warranty started. Home Service Club offers a very comprehensive Standard Plan with an extensive range of system and appliance coverage. Home Service Club is not accredited with the BBB but has an excellent rating from TrustPilot.
No inspection is needed before the plan starts
Can be a high service fee
The plan starts after ten days
Not accredited by the BBB
Extensive coverage options even in the basic plan
Plans, Pricing, and Coverage
There are only two home warranty plans from Home Service Club. The Standard Coverage Plan and the Comprehensive Coverage Plan will have a mix of system and appliance coverage. Pricing from Home Service Club is fair, but the service fees can get a little high. Service fees are chosen at the time of purchase, and they can range in price from $65 to $125. Overall the pricing from Home Service Club is fair, and the number of covered items will beat most on the market. Coverage caps vary per item but will be above average for most essential coverages.
Take a more detailed look at Home Service Club’s home warranty plans:
- Standard Coverage ($50 per month): The Standard Coverage is the basic plan from Home Service Club, but it is not basic at all; the number of covered items is quite impressive. You will have coverage including air conditioners, ceiling fans, water leaks, water heater, electrical system, central vacuum, dishwasher, refrigerator, trash compactor, oven, and more.
- Comprehensive Coverage ($63.00 per month): This plan covers all of the items on the Standard Plan and a few extras. The Comprehensive Plan is the best choice for those who do not want any worries about home warranty-related issues. The extras are gas leaks, ductwork, sump pump, pest control, doorbells, plumbing stoppages, attic fans, whole house exhaust, and more.
- Optional add-ons: Home Service club offers 12 additional or add-on coverages as part of their home warranty plan. These include things like a well pump, service line, plumbing sprinkler, spa and spa heater, freestanding freezer, water softener, and more. Pricing for add-on coverages will be between $4.99 and $15.99 per month.
Cost Per Month
What Customers Are Saying:
“My sprinkler was overwatering my lawn. Thankfully, HSC came as fast as they could. They worked efficiently and had my sprinkler working back ASAP! Their urgency is a good quality that I can’t find in other companies.”(Source)
Find out more at our The Home Service Club Review.
5. Best Coverage: First Premier Home Warranty
First Premier Home Warranty is the best home warranty for Illinois residents looking for great coverage choices. The First Premier Home Warranty is a brand new addition to the market in Illinois but has already earned an A- rating from the BBB. For a new company, the coverage options available to homeowners in Illinois are pretty comprehensive. First Premier has two combo plans for Illinois homeowners to choose from, each offered at a lower monthly cost than almost any other home warranty company in Illinois. If you don’t want to pick and choose between covered items, this is an excellent plan to consider.
BBB rating of A-
A short period of time on the market
Modern technology and systems in place
Offers extreme discounts for paying upfront, makes some customers nervous
Low overall costs if you pay upfront
Plans, Pricing and Coverage
There are only two plans for First Premier Home Warranty customers to choose from: the Gold Plan and the Platinum Plan. Each of these options has both systems and appliances covered on them. You will notice that you can save a lot of money on the plan by paying upfront for the year rather than monthly. The Premier Platinum Plan is the most popular plan among Illinois homeowner because it offers extensive coverage at a really low cost. First Premier has an average service fee of $75, which is typical for a home warranty in Illinois.
Here's a closer look at First Premier's plans:
- Gold Plan ($43 per month): This plan covers 14 items including ceiling fan, cooktop exhaust, dishwasher, garbage disposal, ductwork, electrical system, garage door opener, microwave, oven, plumbing system and stoppages, sump pump, trash compactor, and water heater. This plan will only cost $33.25 per month if you pay the annual pricing of $399.
- Platinum Plan ($50 per month): This plan covers all of whats covered in the Gold Plan plus five more items: air conditioning, heating system, washer, dryer, and refrigerator. The Platinum plan will only cost you $37.42 per month if you pay the annual cost of $449. Many of the included systems and appliances have no coverage limit, a $500 limit, or in the case of A/C and heating, a $1,500 limit. This is fair considering the low monthly payment cost.
- Optional add-ons: There are several optional coverages to choose from including free-standing ice maker, stand-alone freezer, water softener, central vacuum, refrigerator ice maker, lawn sprinkler, roof leaks, septic tank pumping, well pump, septic, spa and pool coverage.
Cost Per Month
What Customers Are Saying
"Great and reliable company. Waited to do this after my service request, they showed up on time and got me approved for a new microwave!” - Brian H
Learn more information with our First Premier Review.
6. Best Workmanship: Cinch Home Services
Cinch Home Services warranty offers the best workmanship guarantee for the Illinois homeowner. Whereas most Illinois home warranty companies offer 90-days or less in their workmanship guarantee, having 180 days to ensure that a repair has officially worked is quite a bit of time. Illinois homeowners can rest assured that they are getting a home warranty plan specifically built to benefit the needs of their individual homes. With 40 years in the industry Cinch, Home Services has lots of unique add-on coverages and plan options.
Long history in the home warranty business
Higher service fees or deductible pricing
180-day workmanship guarantee
Some negative customer service reviews
Three moderately priced plans to choose from
An overall broad range of coverage
Plans, Pricing and Coverage
There are three Cinch Home Services plans to choose from: the Appliances Plan, the Built-in Systems Plan, and the Complete Home Plan. The most popular option is the Complete Home Plan, which offers the most protection on your home systems and appliances but comes at a slightly higher price. However, covering up to 32 items (the 11 in the Appliances plus the 21 in the Build-in Systems Plan) is the most items covered under one plan by almost any home warranty company. Additionally, Cinch allows you to choose your service fee of $75, $100 or $150, making your monthly payments customizable based on the fee you choose.
Here's a deeper look at Cinch Home Services plans (note: these prices are based on a $100 service fee):
- Appliances Plan ($44.99 per month): This plan covers 11 appliances including cooktop exhaust fan, dishwasher, clothes dryer, food center, free-standing ice maker, microwave, oven, refrigerator, refrigerator ice-maker, trash compactor, and clothes washer. Most appliances in this plan come with a $2,000 coverage limit.
- Built-In Systems Plan ($51.99 per month): This plan covers 21 systems including air conditioner, smoke alarms, attic fans, septic tank pumping, bath exhaust fans, cooktop fans, water dispenser, garbage disposal, doorbells, ductwork, toilet, electrical system, heating system, water heater, plumbing and plumbing stoppages, garage door opener, spa, sump pump, central vacuum, and whole house fan. Most of the systems covered by this plan don't have coverage limits.
- Complete Home Plan ($61.99 per month): This plan covered all of the items in each of the other two plans, covering a total of 32 major home appliances and systems. Many of these items have coverage caps of $1,000-$2,000 , but some systems don't have annual caps on them. The Complete Home Plan also comes with a homeowners insurance reimbursement of $500 per contract term.
- Optional add-ons: There are three optional coverages including pool, septic systems, and well pump. Cinch also offers the Premier Upgrade Package, which includes $1,000 for any unforeseen costs that may occur during a claim.
Cost Per Month
$75 - $150
Built-In Systems Plan
$75 - $150
Complete Home Plan
$75 - $150
What Customers Are Saying
“There are a lot of home warranties out there. Some of them advertise on TV every five minutes. Total Protect, however, hardly advertises because they care more about customer care and service. The contractors they hire love them, and us customers who use these contractors are happy. I have used Total Protect about two or three times a year for different problems, and these contractors are honest, efficient, and friendly. Before you get any home warranty company, check Total Protect out. You will not be disappointed.” - Ryan S.
Find out more by reading the Cinch Home Services Review.
Home Warranty Coverage in Illinois Cities
- Chicago, IL
- Hinsdale, IL
- Joliet, IL
- Justice, IL
- Oak Forest, IL
- Lombard, IL
- Palos, IL
- Rockford, IL
- Westmont, IL
- Woodridge, IL
What is a Home Warranty?
A home warranty is service contract agreement that covers the repairs and replacements costs of certain systems and appliances in your home. Home warranties will cover up to 40+ items including HVAC, septic tanks, electric systems, washers, dryers, refrigerators and more. There are over 80 home warranty companies offered in the United States, all with different plan options, coverages, service fees, monthly and annual pricing, technicians, and coverage limits.
When one of your covered items has a breakdown, you will submit a claim though your service provider's online claims portal or by calling the claim number. The provider will then send a licensed technician to your house to solve the issue or discuss a solution. You will then pay the service fee outlined in your contract rather than pay for the cost to repair or replace the item.
However, a home warranty will not cover items past normal wear-and-tear, specifically damages that occur due to neglect or misuse such as rusting. Home warranty insurance is different from homeowners insurance in that it will not cover the damages caused by natural disasters, such as floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. If you want coverage on a specific item, like AC or plumbing systems, be sure to choose a policy with that item included and a provider with high coverage limits.
How to Find the Best Home Warranty in Illinois
We have talked about how each city in Illinois can offer its own unique benefits and negatives to homeowners. The same goes for the individual home warranty plans on the market. Some of these plans have great choices, and others are simply not going to compare. Here are a few things that you should make sure you consider before purchasing a home warranty plan.
Systems Vs. Appliances Or Both
Did you notice that many of the Illinois plans have both system and appliance coverage? The majority of residents in cities like Chicago, Bloomington, and Peoria find that they need system and appliance coverage to keep their homes in excellent working condition.
The service fees are paid each time that you attempt to use your home warranty policy. If a service price is relatively high, you may end up shelling out quite a bit of money during a hot Illinois summer or a frigid winter. Service fees also come with a workmanship guarantee or free re-service time period.
Coverage Caps or Limits
There are coverage caps or limits involved with every home warranty plan on the market. The better plans have $2500-$3000 limits on their policies. The cheaper options will be closer to around $400-$500. If your Illinois home has high-end systems and appliances, go with the better plan.
Home Warranty Tips for Illinois Residents
To decide which home warranty plan will work best for you, you must first think about the part of the state you live in. Illinois has a diverse climate from subtropical in the south to continental in the north. The subtropical climate comes with hot and humid summers, while the continental climate may bring severe winter conditions.
If you live in the southern part of the state, you live in a humid subtropical climate with hot summers and mild winters. High humidity may impact and expedite the normal wear and tear of your house’s electrical system or air conditioner, so you might want to protect it with the best home warranty to the maximum extent.
High humidity may also have an impact on the operation of your home appliances. Please remember that all home appliances should be well maintained to be covered under the home warranty.
It does not matter if you live in Chicago, Springfield, or Rockford; you will have to deal with a change in seasons. For most people, this will mean having both an HVAC and a heating system in place. The repair expenses on these heating systems or HVAC systems are typically relatively high. Keep this in mind when looking at policy coverage limits.
Cities like Belleville, Illinois, in the southern tip, will experience up to 48 inches of rainfall in a year. This is considerably higher than some of the northern cities in Illinois. When we think about rainfall, we want to make sure coverages like a roof leak and a sump pump is part of the home warranty plan.
Most homeowners in Illinois will find that a home warranty that includes both systems and appliances will be the best fit for their home.
Home Warranty Regulations in Illinois
Similar to how homeowners insurance policies are regulated, the home warranty industry will be handled the same way. For the homeowners in Illinois, the Department of Insurance will be in charge of your home warranty plan and help improve the overall quality of the home warranty plans you have in place. If you have any concerns about an Illinois home warranty, you can reach out to the Department of Insurance. However, all of the options on our list are in good standing.
Hopefully, you now feel a bit more capable of picking a home warranty plan that will work for your needs. There are many great options on the market, but the Choice Home Warranty does stand out as the best overall selection for Illinois residents. You will benefit from the impressive customer service, fair pricing, and overall broad range of coverage. Don’t hesitate to get a few quotes to make sure that the company you choose gives you the best possible deal.
Review Home Warranties Rating Methodology: How We Chose the Best Home Warranty Companies
At Review Home Warranties, we are committed to providing our readers with comprehensive and unbiased information on each provider that we review. Our methodology is a step-by-step process that ensures we maintain your trust through transparency and data that is backed-up through routine check-ins. When we picked our best home warranty companies, we reviewed and analyzed over 50 different companies. We then narrowed down our findings based on criteria that we find to be the most helpful for a homeowner in choosing a home warranty plan. Here is what our review process looks like:
- We call every home warranty provider, talking to sales agents and company representatives to gather accurate information on:
- Fine Print
- Plan Options
- Service Contract Details
- Customer Service
- Ratings and Reviews
- Add-On Options
- Additional Benefits
- We test the customer service, including factors such as wait times, friendliness, and problem-solving ability.
- We analyze the sample contracts and fine print from each brand we review. This allows us to break down the industry jargon, check for hidden stipulations, and see what is and isn’t covered so we can give readers straightforward information.
- We update all of this information on a continuous basis, storing it in a proprietary database that allows us to compare dozens of home warranty companies against each other.
From here we created a comprehensive, 100 point, rating scale based on the following factors:
- Plan options (25): Providers that offer more flexibility in their plans are rated higher.
- Coverage specifics (5): The more items covered in a home warranty plan, the higher the score.
- Pricing (25): We take the monthly fee and service fee into consideration when rating pricing.
- Trustworthiness (25): We comb through hundreds of reviews and check on BBB ratings to determine the trustworthiness of a company.
- State availability (5): Finding coverage in your state can be a challenge if home warranty companies aren’t located there. The more states covered, the higher the score.
- Customer service (10): Is this home warranty company responsive? Do they respond quickly to claims filed? Are they helpful in answering questions? All of these factors are considered when rating customer service.
- Additional benefits (5): Home warranty companies will typically offer special promotions or benefits for signing up for their services. The companies with the most benefit scored higher.
Of the 50 different companies that we’ve reviewed, we've broken down the six best providers for home warranty coverage. To keep our ratings and data current, we have a full-time researcher who collects (and regularly updates) more than 100 specific data points from each company to help us compare them on key factors such as coverage, cost, service, and dependability. This list is ever-changing, as companies will update policies and procedures, and we will change our information accordingly.
Resources for Illinois Homeowners and Home Buyers
- Illinois Housing Counselor: With the help of the consumer financial protection bureau, Illinois homeowners can find access to a housing counselor. The housing counselor can help with situations like purchasing a home, down payment guidance, ensuring no scams are occurring, and more.
- Affordable Chicago: Affordable Chicago was a program set up to keep Chicago a place that all income levels can enjoy. On this website, you can find information for both homeowners and homebuyers interested in the Chicago area. It doesn’t matter what your income level is; Affordable Chicago may have resources to help.
- Illinois Housing Development Authority: The Illinois Housing Development Authority will help many people find an affordable apartment, but they also help with the purchase of a home. If you are struggling to pull all the pieces together with down payments and closing costs, take a look at the Illinois Housing Development Authority.
- Homeowner Resources City of Evanston: If your dream home sits in the city of Evanston, then you are in luck. Use the Homeowner Resources City of Evanston page to help make your closing a bit smoother, get some help from grants and programs and make your homeownership dream a reality.
- Illinois Weatherization Organization: The Illinois winters can be pretty harsh. If for some reason, your home does not have protection from the weather conditions or climate, the Illinois Weatherization Organization can help. This is a resource for low-income families that need help with getting their home to a safe and livable standpoint.