We have collected the best home warranty in Houston list for your convenience. All the companies featured on this page serve clients from all areas of Houston, Texas, including Downtown, East End, Spring Branch, Northside, Memorial City, Westchase, and every other neighborhood in Houston city and around it. These companies are carefully reviewed and rated by a staff of professionals in the insurance and service provision fields. Let us know what you thought about our selections by contacting us directly.
Top Home Warranty Companies for Houston Homeowners
Majority of Client Reviews Online Are Positive
Clearest Terms and Conditions
Highest Contractor Professionalism
Best Gold Plan ("Platinum Care") Select Home Warranty Review
More Than 10 Years on the Market
Most Comprehensive Coverage Available
Free Reservice Period for Parts
Emergency Service Available
Cheapest and Best Basic Plan ($34/m)Choice Home Warranty Review
Customer Service Available 24/7
Least BBB Complaints
Great Reviews on Google Places
Reservice for Failed Parts
1 Free Month Upon Annual Sign-UpTotal Home Protection Review
80%+ Positive Reviews Online
Modular Plans America's 1st Choice Home Club Review
Compare Home Warranty in Houston
Are these the only companies that offer home warranty services in the Houston area? of course not. Houston is the fourth most populated city in the United States, and is by far the largest metropolitan in the South Coast. Texas is generally considered as the capital of home warranties in terms of interest, and Houston, being the largest city in Texas, is a strategic goal for all warranty providers from across the nation. Thus, 99% of all U.S-based home warranty companies service Houston residents. Instead of listing hundreds of companies and letting you compare between the various Houston home warranty plans, we have decided to list only those whom we think are the very best (or at least have strong presence in the Houston area that we cannot ignore).
We recommend you to read through the company reviews if you want to verify there are plans tailed for your requirements.
Houston Real Estate Data:
- The median cost of a house in Houston is $320,000, approximately the same as Austin, and almost as twice as much as Dallas.
- The house prices in Houston have stayed quite stable in 2016 and 2017 after a major upswing in H2 2015.
- Houston offers one of the best places for rental yield – 15% in city center, and 18% outside of city center.
- Texas in General, and Houston specifically, has been growing in terms of population tremendously over the past years, with growth of more than 10% since 2010.
- Texas has more Fortune 500 headquarters than any other city in the U.S, with the exception of NYC.
- Storm Harvey impacted the market heavily but it has rebounded and is on a continuous growth since.
Houston Pros and Cons for Newcomers:
Interest Levels for Home Warranties in Houston:
The Houston metropolitan is one of the most popular destinations for home warranty searches in the U.S (ranked #10), based on data from Google Trends. It is also the most populated metropolitan out of the list (10 times the population of Las Vegas), but it not nearly as populated as areas like NYC or LA, and there are still far more searches in the Houston area.
What could be the reason for Houston being included on the list?
People in Houston TX are looking for home warranty insurance for the following reasons:
- Houston can be extremely hot with up to 95°F during summertime, while keeping humid year-round with 70-80% humidity average. Electrical appliances and home systems could be impacted of that weather.
- Houston is the capital of Southern USA, in which home warranty products are far more popular at than on the East Coast.
- Houston is a mega metropolitan. Not only it is the fourth largest metro in the U.S with almost 4m households, it is ranked the #63 most populous metro in the world.
- Houston’s real estate market, although not sizzling at the moment, is rock solid. Even massive natural disaster like 2017’s Harvey did not deter the market.
Please note – home warranties do not cover damage as a result of an Act of God (natural disasters).