A mobile home warranty, also known as a manufactured home warranty, protects you against the expensive costs to repair or replace major home appliances and systems. This type of home insurance can save you hundreds by covering common items like refrigerators, washers and dryers, electrical systems, heating systems, and more. If you’re looking for the best home warranty company for a mobile or manufactured home, we’ve got you covered.
In this guide, you’ll learn:
- What are home warranties for mobile homes?
- How much does a home warranty on a mobile home costs?
- Will a home warranty be worth it for your home?
- How do home warranties for manufactured homes work?
- What are the best home warranty plans for protecting your mobile unit?
- And much more!
We’ve reviewed 68 different warranty companies, and below are our top picks for mobile home coverage specific to your state. Want to learn more about each? Scroll down!
Limited Time: New Customers Get $50 Off
Limited Offer: $50 Off + 1 month free
Limited Time: $150 Off + 2 Free Months + roof coverage
Our Top Home Warranty for Mobile Homes Picks
Whether you’ve lived in your manufactured home for a while or you just moved in, at some point, something will need to be repaired. Malfunctioning air conditioners, broken water heaters, and electrical systems that just won’t cooperate are all part of the experience of owning a home.
What is a Mobile Home Warranty?
A mobile home warranty is a way to protect yourself against huge annual repair bills whenever a major appliance or home system breaks. With a home warranty protection plan, you pay an annual premium to the warranty company.
Then, if one of your covered items or systems malfunctions, you simply make a service call and submit a claim. Your home warranty provider will then send a qualified repair specialist to your home in exchange for a small service fee.
What Does a Mobile Home Warranty Cover?
|Heating||Garage door opener|
Mobile home warranties also come with a list of optional add-ons that you can tac onto your coverage for an additional cost. Typical add-ons offered by home warranty providers are:
- Swimming pool & spa
- Limited roof leak
- Well pump
- Sump pump
- Stand-alone freezer
- Ice Makers
- Septic System
How Much Does A Mobile Home Warranty Cost?
The average warranty for a mobile unit will cost between $300-$600 per year, which works out to about $25-$50 a month. However, your home warranty cost will vary depending on two key factors: the size of your manufactured home and where you live. The other major element that will dictate how much your home warranty costs is how much coverage you want. There are three basic types of plans: appliance plans, systems plans, and combo plans.
With an appliance insurance plan, you’ll get protection for the most important appliances in your home, such as your cooktop, garbage disposal, or dishwasher. Systems plans, however, cover things like your air conditioning, ductwork, furnace, heating system, and plumbing system. Combo plans provide protection for both systems and appliances, so they’re usually a good choice for comprehensive coverage. Some manufactured home warranty companies will allow you to build your own plan or choose from a list of optional coverage add-ons to customize your policy to your needs.
Ultimately, the amount of coverage you decide to get will affect your annual premium. However, while a basic plan might save you a bit of money on your monthly warranty plan payment, combo plans will usually offer you more protection when something breaks in your home.
Top 5 Best Mobile Home Warranty Companies
- Best Overall: Choice Home Warranty
- Most Customizable: American Home Shield
- Most Affordable: Select Home Warranty
- Best for Quick Coverage: The Home Service Club
- Best Customer Service: Liberty Home Guard
1. Best Overall: Choice Home Warranty
Choice Home Warranty is the best overall home warranty for mobile homes. A mobile home warranty will be similar to a home warranty plan for a single-family home. The same key appliance and system coverages are important, and Choice Home Warranty has a perfect mix of both system and appliance coverage for homeowners. Choice Home Warranty has been on the market for more than 13 years, and it has some of the best customer services around. In addition, Choice Home Warranty ensures that the overall policy pricing is fair and that the coverage caps are high. Even if you have high-end systems and appliances in your mobile home, Choice Home Warranty will offer plenty of coverage.
Comprehensive plan options
No option to build out a custom plan
Fair pricing for monthly and service fees
Free cancellation for the first 30 days
Plans, Pricing, and Coverage
The two plans from Choice are the Basic Plan and the Total Plan. Choice Home Warranty is known for fair pricing and availability across 48 states. Service fees from Choice Home Warranty are $85, which is reasonable considering the overall monthly pricing is a bit lower. The two plans, the Basic Plan and the Total Plan, have both system and appliance coverage. The Basic Plan is a very popular choice for mobile homes. Coverage caps from Choice Home Warranty are about $3000, which is higher than most other plans on the market.
Here’s a more detailed look at CHW’s plan options:
- Basic Plan ($42 per month): The Basic Plan covers 13 items, including plumbing system, ceiling fans, garbage disposal, heating system, cooktop exhaust fans, microwave, dishwasher, ductwork, electrical system, garage door opener, oven, toilet, and water heater. This is a perfect starter plan for a mobile homeowner that wants to see what a home warranty plan can do.
- Total Plan ($53.33 per month): This comprehensive plan covers all 13 items in the basic plan plus four more to cover a total of 18 items. The biggest difference between these two plans is the inclusion of air conditioning coverage. In addition, the washer and dryer are also included.
- Optional add-ons: Choice offers nine optional coverages, including roof leaking, central vacuum, septic tank, well pump, pool and spa, sump pump, and stand-alone freezer. These add-on coverages vary, starting at around $5.00 per month; however, many mobile homeowners find that there is not too much need for add-on coverages between the Basic Plan and the Total Plan.
Cost Per Month
What Customers Are Saying:looked forward
“Love Choice Home Warranty!!! I owe a condo and I’m not a handy savvy. having CHW has helped me out with light fixture; refrigerator problems and broken microwave. CHW are fast to respond and provide the best technician for the job. So far, I’m a happy camper and renewed with CHW.” – Source
Read our Choice Home Warranty Review for more information.
2. Most Customizable: American Home Shield
American Home Shield is the most customizable plan for mobile homes. One of the struggles that mobile homeowners run into with home warranties is that these plans often have too much coverage. Instead of feeling like you are paying for something you don’t need, you can choose American Home Shield and pay for only what you need. American Home Shield has been on the market for 50 years. In this period of time, they have gained a strong network of technicians and a tremendous reputation as a premium home warranty company. American Home Shield has high coverage caps similar to those found with Choice Home Warranty.
More than 50 years of industry experience
Considered to be a more premium home warranty policy
Can build out your custom plan and customize pricing
Some of the policy choices are priced a bit higher
Impressive customer service
Plenty of add-on coverage choices
Plans, Pricing, and Coverage
American Home Shield has three plans to choose from. These plans are a great starting point, and then customers can pick and choose the things that they want to add to the policy. The coverage caps on most of the plans are around $2500, but ShieldPlatinum has coverage caps closer to $6000 for some systems and appliances. Overall the plan choices, pricing, and coverage from American Home Shield are impressive.
Take a closer look at AHS’s protection plan options:
- ShieldSilver™ ($59.00 per month): This plan offers coverage on 14 home systems, including air conditioning, electrical system, smoke alarms, water heater, doorbells, garage door opener, heating system, plumbing, and ductwork. Most of the systems on this plan include coverage caps around $2500. For mobile homeowners, some of these coverages may not be necessary.
- ShieldGold™ ($69.00 per month): This plan covers 23 systems and appliances, including many offered on the ShieldSilver plan, plus clothes washer, dishwasher, clothes dryer, microwave, oven, and refrigerator. Many mobile homeowners choose this policy because of the increased coverage they find by adding in the appliances. Having a mix of systems and appliances is a great option for any mobile home.
- ShieldPlatinum™ ($79.00 per month): This plan covers a total of 27 systems and appliances, including the 23 items covered in ShieldGold plus disposal, water dispenser, locksmith, and free roof leak coverage. ShieldPlatinum has many other benefits, including a $1000 coverage for unexpected expenses like permits. This is one of the most comprehensive and expensive plans on the market. However, it provides tremendous peace of mind.
- Optional add-ons: There are six additional coverages offered by AHS, including the septic system, pool and spa, PC, TV, and well pump coverage. The electronics coverage seems to be a popular option for most mobile homeowners.
Cost Per Month
$75 – $125
$75 – $125
$75 – $125
What Customers Are Saying
“Easy to put in a claim, and they immediately assigned a company to handle the problem. The contractor immediately sent a suggested date for repair. That did not work for us, so we called the contractor directly to change the date. Once the contractor arrived, he looked at the problem and fixed it. Then he double checked to make sure it would last and took the time to make small adjustments so the fix would last.” – Source
Read our American Home Shield Review for more information.
3. Most Affordable: Select Home Warranty
Select Home Warranty is the most affordable home warranty for mobile homes. Living in a mobile home can get expensive, but you will likely find that Select Home Warranty can help you save both time and money. Select Home Warranty has been on the market for almost ten years, and they have a reputation for high-quality workmanship. Select Home Warranty offers free roof leak coverage with all home warranty plans. Coverage caps from Select Home Warranty are slightly lower, but this is partly why Select Home Warranty’s plans are so fairly priced.
Impressive customer service
Some of the covered items have lower policy limits
Combo plan is one of the best on the market
Not always the best plan for high-end appliances and systems
High workmanship quality
One of the most comprehensive plans on the market
Plans, Pricing, and Coverage
There are three home warranty plans from Select Home Warranty, and most coverage caps are around $500 with some as high as $2000. The plans allow an option for systems, appliances, and then a combo or comprehensive plan. Select Home Warranty offers a strong workmanship guarantee, low monthly payments, and the ability to pay upfront for the year to try and save some money.
Take a detailed look at Select Home Warranty’s plan options:
- Bronze Care ($41 per month): The Bronze Care plan is an appliance plan for mobile homeowners. This plan covers seven major appliances, including refrigerators, built-in microwaves, clothes washers and dryers, ovens, garbage disposals, and cooktops. The Bronze Care plan costs the same as the Gold Care plan but doesn’t include systems coverage.
- Gold Care ($41 per month): Gold Care is very similar to Bronze care, except it only offers systems coverage. The systems in a mobile home can be expensive to repair, and that is why you will get one less coverage with the Gold Care plan. This plan covers six major systems, including plumbing, air conditioning, heating, water heaters, electrical systems, and ductwork.
- Platinum Care ($47 per month): The Platinum Care Plan is a great choice because it is just a few dollars more per month, but it has all of the coverages included in the Bronze Care and Gold Care plans.
- Optional Add-Ons: There are several optional add-ons, including central vacuums, lawn sprinkler systems, pools, spas, stand-alone freezers, sump pumps, and well pumps. The free roof leak coverage will save you at least $9.99 per month compared to other manufactured home warranty companies.
Cost Per Month
What Customers Are Saying
“Put a claim for my heating system for making a popping sound when it turns on. The customer service lady was friendly, got an email about two hours later confirming the claim, and shortly after got an email from Najico heating and AC company scheduled an appointment for the next day. Mark, the technician, was prompt, very professional, and fixed the problem by changing the defective part that was readily available in his truck. Highly recommended!” – Source
To learn more, read our Select Home Warranty Review.
4. Best for Quick Coverage: The Home Service Club
The Home Service Club has the best quick coverage for mobile homes. The coverage from The Home Service Club will start ten days after paying your initial premium. The majority of home warranty companies on the market will require a full 30 days before coverage goes into effect. With The Home Service Club’s quick coverage, you won’t feel as though you are leaving your home exposed for long periods of time. In addition, The Home Service Club has been on the market for more than 12 years, giving it a great history and reputation in the industry. The plans from The Home Service Club are comprehensive, and even the Standard Coverage has both system and appliance coverage.
Policy starts in just ten days
No cheap plan option with limited coverage
Both plans are comprehensive
Strong history in the industry
Great customer service
Plans, Pricing, and Coverage
There are two The Home Service Club home warranty plans for mobile homeowners to choose from. The Standard Plan has 18 covered items, while the Comprehensive coverage has 33 covered items. The coverage caps from The Home Service Club range from around $500 to $2500. The Home Service Club also has 12 add-on coverage for mobile homeowners that have unique home systems and appliances that won’t be covered under a typical home warranty plan.
Take a more detailed look at The Home Service Club’s home warranty plans:
- Standard Coverage ($50 per month): The Standard Plan is the most basic option from The Home Service Club. Even though this is considered the basic plan, there are 18 covered items. This plan will cover almost everything a mobile homeowner could need as part of their home warranty plan. The coverages include air conditioners, ceiling fans, water leaks, water heater, electrical system, central vacuum, dishwasher, refrigerator, trash compactor, oven, and more. Most mobile homeowners find that this is the best overall plan for their needs.
- Comprehensive Coverage ($63.00 per month): The Comprehensive Coverage Plan from The Home Service Club takes the Standard Plan and increases the coverage by about ten items. The extra coverages for your mobile home will include things like gas leaks, ductwork, sump pump, pest control, doorbells, plumbing stoppages, attic fans, whole house exhaust, and more. Although this coverage is helpful, it may be more than some mobile homeowners need.
- Optional add-ons: The add-on coverages from the Home Service Club are quite good. There are 12 additional or add-on coverages as part of their home warranty plan. The add-ons include things like a well pump, service line, plumbing sprinkler, spa and spa heater, free-standing freezer, water softener, and more. Add-on coverages increase the pricing of a policy rather quickly, so be careful in choosing which coverages you need.
What Customers Are Saying
“I have used Home Service Club in three different houses already in two different states. They were equally effective both times. I’m considering getting my property in a third state covered. The very best there is!” – Source
Read our Review on The Home Service Club to learn more.
5. Best Customer Service: Liberty Home Guard
Liberty Home Guard is the best mobile home warranty for customer service. If you want a company that will handle and manage your needs as a mobile homeowner, Liberty Home Guard is a great choice. This plan has been on the market for two years and has already managed to earn an A rating with the BBB. Liberty Home Guard home warranty has a 60-day workmanship guarantee that helps homeowners ensure they will never have to pay a service fee twice. Liberty Home Guard has some of the most extensive add-on coverage options that you can find, and these are a great advantage to have.
BBB rating of an A
Optional plan choices tend to be priced a bit high
Quick response times to inquiries and claims
To get a very comprehensive policy, the price increases considerably
Easy to get in touch with
60 Day workmanship guarantee
Add-on coverage list is very extensive
Plans, Pricing, and Coverage
The three Liberty Home Guard plans, include Appliance Guard, Systems Guard, and the Total Home Guard covering both appliances and systems. Liberty Home Guard’s policy prices are a little high, but the service fees are on the lower side. Coverage from Liberty Home Guard has caps around $1500 for most appliances and systems. The Total Home Guard is the most popular plan from Liberty Home Guard.
Here are more details on Liberty Home Guard’s plans:
- Appliance Guard ($69.99 per month): This plan covers 11 major appliances, including garage door opener, ceiling fans, cooktop exhaust fan, oven, refrigerator, garbage disposal, dishwasher, microwave, clothes washer, clothes dryer, and refrigerator ice-maker. If you are new to the home warranty idea, the Appliance Guard is a great choice.
- Systems Guard ($74.99 per month): The Systems Guard plan offers coverage on nine systems, including the electrical system, air conditioner, bath exhaust fan, heating system, toilet, ductwork, plumbing, plumbing stoppages, and water heater.
- Total Home Guard ($79.99 per month): The Total Home Guard plan covers all of the systems and appliances of the two other plans to cover a total of 20 items. Total Home Guard is a very full home warranty plan that will cover almost anything that a mobile home needs coverage for.
- Optional add-ons: Liberty has one of the most extensive lists of items offered as add-ons, including some unique ones such as gutter and floor cleaning, re-key service, lawn sprinklers, pest control, and wine refrigerator. The pricing of Liberty Home Guard add-on coverages can add up quickly. Be sure to pick and choose the coverages you will get the most benefit from.
Cost Per Month
Total Home Guard
What Customers Are Saying:
“Happy with the service we received from Liberty Home Guard’s team. Quick fix on a leaking faucet in September, and last week for the refrigerator. Techs were professional and punctual, and the customer service team was extremely helpful as well. Will renew my policy next year for sure.” – Source
Read our Liberty Home Guard Review for more information.
Is A Warranty For A Mobile Home Worth It?
Understandably, spending $300-$600 a year on a home warranty might seem like a pretty big expense. But, mobile home warranties are definitely worth the cost of your annual premium. Here’s why:
Peace Of Mind & Financial Protection
When you have a home warranty service contract, you can have the peace of mind to know that you’ll be covered if your house needs a major repair. Whether you’ve just bought a new home or you’ve been living in yours for a while, there’s nothing better than knowing that you won’t have to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket when your house has an issue.
With a protection plan, you’re covered up to a set dollar amount per item or per system/appliance category, as written in your service contract. So, with your one-year warranty, you can save thousands of dollars on home repairs that you would’ve had to pay for with your own savings. Instead, you just pay a small service call fee and sit back as your warranty company pays for your home repairs.
For owners of mobile properties, this financial protection is all the more valuable. If you live in a manufactured home park, you’ll already have to pay for land rent each month, so tacking on a major repair expense isn’t exactly an enticing idea.
Alternatively, if you own the land that your mobile unit is on, you’re already paying a mortgage, property taxes, and housing association fees on top of any loans you might have for your house. So, the best home warranty plans protect you against huge unforeseen major repair costs each year while keeping your regular expenses at a minimum.
Quick And Easy Mobile Home Repairs
Many people who choose to purchase a home warranty do so because they want the financial protection that comes with their plan. However, manufactured home warranty companies also provide excellent and efficient repair service that saves you a whole lot of hassle.
If you have a policy, whenever you need a repair on a covered item, you simply submit a warranty claim to the home warranty company using their call center. Then, the company will send a service provider straight to your house to assess the damage.
The whole process of getting a home repair when you have a warranty takes the stress out of an emergency with your heater, air conditioning, or appliances. Instead, you can feel confident that a trusted professional will be sent to your home to address any issues your house might have.
This is particularly beneficial for new homeowners or anyone that’s recently moved to a new area. With a warranty plan, you don’t have to rush to find and vet a repair technician in a new town that specializes in mobile homes when you’re having a home emergency because someone will be sent right to your house.
Complete Mobile Home Protection
When you purchased your mobile unit, you probably took out a homeowners insurance policy. These insurance policies are incredibly important for protecting you against damage caused by fires, floods, and natural disasters.
But insurance doesn’t cover everything. In fact, your insurance won’t pay just because your air conditioning system decided that it doesn’t want to work anymore, nor will they pay to replace your sump pump when it breaks.
Home warranties, however, will pay for repairs on any covered item. Basically, home warranties cover what homeowners insurance won’t, giving you complete protection for your house.
Finding the Best Home Warranty for a Mobile Homes
Choice Home Warranty is our top pick for a home mobile on the warranty market. Their plans have some of the best per-item coverage limits and they have a great 24/7 call center to get you the repair service you need.
Coverage After Warranties Expire
A home protection plan will also cover repairs and replacements of major appliances and systems long after the manufacturer’s warranty runs out. Many mobile homeowners will often have “manufactured home warranties,” which cover any defects in workmanship or materials in the building itself.
However, this coverage eventually expires, leaving you liable to pay for any subsequent repair costs. So, a home warranty plan will give you the coverage you need throughout the time that you live in your home.
Easier Resale Of Your Mobile Property
If you just moved into your mobile home, you’re probably not thinking about selling it. But, someday, you may want to sell your house, in which case a home warranty can make a big difference.
Home warranties affect real estate transactions in two ways. First and foremost, if you have a warranty policy on your house, it’s more attractive to potential home buyers because they’ll want to know that they are protected if something happens to a system or appliance after closing.
Additionally, when you have a warranty policy, you’ll be able to stay on top of repairs for your mobile home. Having well-maintained and regularly updated systems and appliances are more attractive to home buyers, so you can get a better selling price for your house.
Are you considering purchasing a mobile home? If so, check out this video for five quick tips to help in your search.
Compare Top Providers for Mobile Homes
Choice Home Warranty
American Home Shield
Select Home Warranty
NV, WA, WI
The Home Service Club
Best for Quick Coverage
Liberty Home Guard
Best Customer Service
How Do Home Warranties For Mobile Houses Work (Are They Unique)?
Interestingly, warranty policies for mobile homes are generally the same policies you can buy for a regular home. However, you can choose a plan that best fits your individual needs as a mobile homeowner. Here’s how it all works:
Step 1: List Your Priorities
Before you start looking at the details of different policies, take some time to think about your coverage priorities. As a mobile homeowner, you have unique needs that a site-built homeowner doesn’t.
For example, if you live in a manufactured home park, you may not need coverage for a septic tank or well pump because these systems are maintained by the owner of the park. Alternatively, if you own the land that your home is on, you might be interested in some optional coverage for these items.
Step 2: Sign Up For A Plan
After you’ve decided what kind of coverage you’re looking for, it’s time to sign up for a plan. You can choose between appliances, systems, and combo plans, or you can make your own. What’s important is that you get protection for all of the most important systems and appliances in your home.
Step 3: Wait For The Grace Period To End
The majority of home warranty companies will have a grace period between when you sign up for your policy and when you can submit your first claim. Generally speaking, this waiting period is about 30 days.
That being said, most companies will waive this grace period if you already have coverage, but you’re looking to switch policies. If so, you can make a claim right after you sign your service contract.
Step 4: Make A Claim & Pay The Service Fee
Once the grace period has passed, you can make your first claim whenever a covered appliance or system breaks. To do so, you’ll have to call your warranty company or use their online system to start a repair claim.
Then, you’ll pay a small service fee (usually between $60-$125), and the company will send a technician to your home. It’s as simple as that!
Step 5: Get Prompt Repair Service
After your claim is processed, you’ll get prompt repair service with your home warranty. A qualified specialist will come to your home to assess, diagnose, and repair or replace the problematic equipment.
Home Warranties for Mobile Homes: Expense
|Choice Home Warranty||$85||$660|
|Select Home Warranty||$60||$696|
|Liberty Home Guard||$70||$840|
Home Warranties for Mobile Homes: Reliability
Final Thoughts On Home Warranties For Mobile Homes
If you own a mobile home, a home warranty is one of the best ways to protect your investment. Annual repair costs on your appliances and systems can really eat away at your savings, so a home warranty can help keep more money in your pocket.
Choice Home Warranty is our top choice for owners of mobile homes because they offer solid all-around plan options that are affordable for any budget. Plus, their plans have some of the best per-item coverage limits on your most expensive home systems, and they have a great 24/7 call center to get you the repair service you need.
Looking for a mobile home warranty in Mississippi? Check out our comprehensive reviews on Mississippi and how you can protect your systems and appliances.