Elizabeth, New Jersey will allow you a quick commute to New York City, plenty of great communities, add-ons, and more affordable housing than you can find in other regions of the tri-state area. Elizabeth is the perfect homeownership solution for many people. However, there are still issues that come along with homeownership that requires both time and attention. A home warranty can be the perfect way to combat these issues. In our guide featuring the top 7 best home warranty companies in Elizabeth, we will cover:
- Who needs an Elizabeth home warranty?
- Why a home warranty in Elizabeth is so important
- The best home warranty companies in Elizabeth
- How much a New Jersey home warranty costs
- And much more
A home warranty is a protection plan that can save you hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars towards your home appliance and system expenses. With a home warranty in place, you will be able to have peace of mind that your home is something you will always be able to afford. The most important part of this process is choosing a home warranty plan that will work best for your home. Let’s look at the top seven home warranty companies in Elizabeth.
Limited Time: New Customers Get $50 Off
Limited Offer: $50 Off + 1 month free
Limited Time: $150 Off + 2 Free Months + roof coverage
The 7 Best Home Warranty Companies in Elizabeth
Our highest-rated home warranty companies in Elizabeth include:
- Choice Home Warranty (Best Overall)
- American Home Shield (Most Customizable)
- Select Home Warranty (Most Affordable)
- The Home Service Club (Best For Quick Coverage)
- Liberty Home Guard (Best Customer Service)
- Cinch Home Services (Best Add-On Options)
- First Premier Home Warranty (Best Coverage)
Compare Elizabeth Home Warranty Providers
There are more than 60 home warranty companies in Elizabeth, NJ. These home warranty companies all have different coverages and costs, and it is a big project to determine which ones are better than others. At Review Home Warranties, we have compared things like monthly costs, service fees, BBB ratings, coverage options, and more. Here is how the top seven home warranty plans in Elizabeth ranked.
Choice Home Warranty
$40 – $48
American Home Shield
$50 – $60
$75 – $150
Select Home Warranty
$36 – $38
The Home Service Club
Best for Quick Coverage
Liberty Home Guard
$40 – $60
Cinch Home Services
$28 – $40
$100 – $150
First Premier Home Warranty
Elizabeth Home Warranty Costs
The cost of a home warranty plan will be one of the key factors in determining whether or not the plan is a fit for your needs. The high-priced home warranties typically cover large homes with lots of unique add-on options. Having an idea of the average costs of a home warranty will ensure that you get a great deal on your home warranty plan. Remember that there are home warranty options for all budgets; these will just give you an average idea of what people are paying.
Average Annual Premium
Single Family Home
Home Over 5,000 sq ft
Home Under 5,000 sq ft
Elizabeth Home Warranty Company Reviews
As you sort through the home warranty coverage available to Elizabeth homeowners; it is very important to consider the coverages. If a plan has a great monthly cost, impressive benefits, and low service fees, that is wonderful. However, if there are coverages for things like HVAC or dishwasher missing, you may find that the home warranty does not provide all that much value. The customer service reviews, time in the industry, and workmanship guarantee are also important when determining which plan is best for your home.
1. Choice Home Warranty: Best Overall
Choice Home Warranty is the best overall home warranty plan for Elizabeth homeowners. Choice Home Warranty has been on the market for more than 13 years, and they have established themselves not just in the Elizabeth area but across the entire country. The coverage from Choice Home Warranty is impressive, and it covers both systems and appliances. The coverage caps are also the highest in the market, ensuring that you will have coverage for both large and small issues that come up around your home.
The pricing associated with Choice Home Warranty is very fair. There is no option to customize service fees or monthly pricing, but the overall values are fair. Many home warranty companies charge a premium for a combo plan with both system and appliance coverage. Choice Home Warranty will give you coverage even if you have older appliances and systems and have never had a warranty in the past. Overall you will have no trouble working with Choice.
Plans, Pricing & Coverage
There are two home warranty plans from Choice Home Warranty. The Total Plan tends to be the better option because it has both HVAC coverage and refrigerator coverage to ensure that you are well protected in your Elizabeth home. The coverage from Choice Home Warranty is some of the most impressive in the industry. Coverage caps are close to $3000 for most appliances and systems. This is considerably higher than what you will get from other home warranty companies. Service fees are fairly priced at $85.
Here’s a detailed look at Choice Home Warranty’s coverage:
- Basic Plan ($42 per month): The Basic Plan from Choice Home Warranty is a combo plan that covers the plumbing system, ceiling fans, garbage disposal, heating system, cooktop exhaust fans, microwave, dishwasher, ductwork, electrical system, garage door opener, oven, toilet, and water heater. The Basic Plan can be a great starter option for a new Elizabeth homeowner.
- Total Plan ($53.33 per month): The Total Plan includes the clothes washer, dryer, refrigerator, and air conditioner coverage, as well as all the covered items in the Basic Plan. Even though the Total Plan costs a bit more, the differences in coverage will be well worth it.
- Add-On Options: There are nine add-on coverages that can be added to either the Basic Plan or the Total Plan. The add ons can include roof leak coverage, central vacuum, septic tank, well pump, pool and spa, sump pump, and stand-alone freezer. Choice Home Warranty add-ons typically start at around $5 per month.
Cost Per Month
“My technician was able to see me a day earlier than scheduled, which really pleased me. He was accurate with the time of his arrival. He found the problem (user-error, of course!!), showed me what he pulled out of the sink, and had my disposal and dishwasher up and running in no time. Excellent service, work, and communication. Thank you, Lynn.” Source
2. American Home Shield: Most Customizable
American Home Shield is the most customizable home warranty for Elizabeth homeowners. With the American Home Shield home warranty, you can pick and choose the items that you want covered as part of your warranty. This allows homeowners to decide between appliances or systems that matter the most and ensure the plan is exactly what they are paying for. American Home Shield comes with high coverage caps, so there will be no need to worry about high-end appliances having enough coverage.
American Home Shield has been on the market for more than 50 years. This is a considerably long time on the market and makes AHS one of the leaders in the home warranty industry. The strong network of service providers built over a 50 year period will help ensure that your repair is fixed in a short period of time. American Home Shield is considered a premium home warranty company, and it is well worth the money you pay.
Plans, Pricing & Coverage
There are three plans from American Home Shield; one plan is for appliances, one system, and then a combo plan. The combo plan is the most beneficial plan because of the wide range of coverage. However, the combo plan does come at a higher cost. Service fees from American Home Shield are customizable. The coverage from American Home Shield is broad, and the coverage caps are impressive. Coverage caps from American Home Shield are around $2500 per covered item, almost as high as Choice Home Warranty. Service fees are customizable and range from $75 to $125.
Here’s a detailed look at American Home Shield’s coverage:
- ShieldSilver™ ($39.99 per month): The ShieldSilver plan from AHS covers 14 home systems, including air conditioning, electrical system, smoke alarms, water heater, doorbells, garage door opener, heating system, plumbing, and ductwork. For a systems-only plan, the ShieldSilver has great coverage.
- ShieldGold™ ($49.99 per month): There are 23 home systems and appliances covered under ShieldGold, making this a great combo plan. The ShieldGold plan includes a clothes washer, dishwasher, clothes dryer, microwave, oven, and refrigerator, in addition to the ShieldSilver coverages.
- ShieldPlatinum™ ($64.99 per month): The ShieldPlatinum plan comes with a total of 27 systems and appliances. In addition to the extra coverages, you will also find that coverage caps are higher, and there is a credit towards your homeowner’s insurance should you need it. The ShieldPlatinum provides true peace of mind for homeowners.
- Add-On Options: American Home Shield offers customizable plans but only a few add-on coverage options. They include a septic system, pool and spa, PC, TV, and well pump coverage.
Cost Per Month
$75 – $125
$75 – $125
$75 – $125
“Repairman came out on time and saw my washer was not repairable, so he made the phone call to AHS to let them know. I received an email from AHS the same afternoon and was told I could order a new washer comparable to what I had from the list they had, or I could take a cash option. I chose a washer on their list, and one week later, it was delivered and installed, and the old one was hauled off. It was easy, fast, and professional. I love having AHS.” Source
3. Select Home Warranty: Most Affordable
Select Home Warranty is the most affordable home warranty plan on the market. With the Select Home Warranty plan, you can get the coverage you need and stay within your monthly budget. One of the things that we admire about Select Home Warranty is that even though the pricing is fair, they do not sacrifice workmanship. It takes contractors and repair technicians quite a bit of work to become qualified to worth with Select Home Warranty. For those worried about workmanship on a lower-cost plan, Select Home Warranty is a perfect choice.
Select Home Warranty has been on the market for more than 9 years. During this time, Select has remained one of the most affordable plans, and they have built up a strong network of repair and service professionals. With each home warranty plan from Select, you will get free roof leak coverage for your home. This is a tremendous benefit and one that can help make this purchasing decision quite a bit easier.
Plans, Pricing & Coverage
There are three home warranty plans from Select Home Warranty. Although the Gold and Bronze plans make an excellent choice for a budget shopper, the Platinum Care plan is the best overall option in Elizabeth. This is a combo plan with coverage for both systems and appliances, and it only costs a few dollars more per month. The coverage caps from Select Home Warranty are lower than they are with Choice or American Home Shield. The lower coverage caps help the affordability of the plan. However, this is something that homeowners with higher-end appliances and systems should keep in mind. The service fee is just $65.
Here’s a detailed look at Select Home Warranty’s coverage:
- Bronze Care ($41 per month): The Select Home Warranty Bronze Care plan is an appliance-only home warranty plan designed to be affordable. The Bronze Care plan covers seven major appliances, including a refrigerator, built-in microwave, clothes washer, dryer, oven, garbage disposal, and cooktop.
- Gold Care ($41 per month): With the Gold Care plan from Select Home Warranty, there is coverage for six systems; plumbing, air conditioning, heating, water heaters, electrical systems, and ductwork. With the high cost to repair systems, Gold Care is a great option to consider.
- Platinum Care ($47 per month): Platinum Care is a combination of the Bronze Care and Gold Care plan that is offered at just a few extra dollars per month. For homeowners that are looking for value at a reasonable price, Platinum Care is a great choice.
- Add-on Options: There are several Select Home Warranty add-on coverages for homeowners to choose from. The add-on coverages will include central vacuums, lawn sprinkler systems, pools, spas, stand-alone freezers, sump pumps, and well pumps. The free roof leak coverage from Select Home Warranty offers tremendous cost savings. When compared to other plans this could save you $10 per month.
Cost Per Month
“Select Home Warranty has been great to us for the past 3 years. Great price and a low deductible (under $50). Using SHW has saved us thousands of dollars out of pocket on our old HVAC system and the electrical system just last week. Someone always comes out within 2 business days after filing a claim. I am very surprised to read all of the bad reviews here since we’ve had nothing but a positive experience with SHW..” Source
4. The Home Service Club: Best For Quick Coverage
The Home Service Club offers the quickest coverage of all home warranties in Elizabeth. The Home Service Club has been on the market for more than 13 years, making it one of the most well-known home warranties in the Elizabeth area. The thing that really sets The Home Service Club apart is the fact that the coverage will begin just ten days after the home warranty is paid for. Many other home warranty plans require a 30 day wait period before the coverage starts.
Policy starts in ten days
No basic or cheap plan option
Both plans offer comprehensive coverage
Strong customer service
More than 13 years in the industry
Plans, Pricing & Coverage
There are two The Home Service Club plans for customers to choose from; Standard Coverage and Comprehensive Coverage. The Home Service Club has a wide range of covered items and both plans are comprehensive. The coverage caps are fair and range from $500 to $2500 for most of the major systems and appliances. Service fees from The Home Service Club are customizable. Homeowners can pick an amount from $65 to $125 that works for their home.
Here’s a detailed look at The Home Service Club’s coverage:
- Standard Coverage ($50 per month): The Standard Coverage plan has a total of 18 covered items, more than most basic plans will have. These include air conditioners, ceiling fans, water leaks, water heater, electrical system, central vacuum, dishwasher, refrigerator, trash compactor, oven, and more.
- Comprehensive Coverage ($63.00 per month): Comprehensive Coverage from The Home Service Club has 33 covered items. Comprehensive Coverage includes all the systems and appliances on the Standard Coverage with 15 additional items.The extra coverages include gas leaks, ductwork, sump pump, pest control, doorbells, plumbing stoppages, attic fans, whole house exhaust, and more. This is one of the most extensive plans in the industry and offered at a very fair price.
- Add-On Options: Home Service Club offers 12 additional coverages that can be attached to your home warranty plan. The coverages can include well pump, roof coverage, free-standing freezer, and more. As great as these add-on coverages can be, they will increase the total of the home warranty plan considerably.
Cost per month
“Our room was cooler than the inside of our fridge. I logged on to the website of HSC as soon as possible. The repair crew chuckled when they checked out our fridge. It turns out my wife put it on defrost before she left, and I didn’t know. Still, how mighty kind of these people to come down and explain everything to me anyway.”- Daniel
5. Liberty Home Guard: Best Customer Service
Liberty Home Guard has the best customer service for a home warranty in Elizabeth, NJ. Earning a great name and reputation in the home warranty industry is quite difficult. People have one bad experience, or they have a hard time understanding a home warranty company’s guidelines, and they leave bad reviews. Liberty Home Guard has had to work quite hard to earn the spot of the best-reviewed home warranty company in Elizabeth. With only two years of industry experience, this company is on the fast track to the top.
Liberty Home Guard has excellent coverage, and they pride themselves on being easy to work with. You can submit a claim any time of day and any day of the week. Once the claim is submitted, expect fast service to have your home warranty met. The Liberty Home Guard home warranty comes with a 60-day workmanship guarantee and a long list of add-on coverages.
Plans, Pricing & Coverage
There are three home warranty plans from Liberty Home Guard. The Total Home Guard is a system and appliance plan with an impressive coverage of both systems and appliances. In addition, Liberty Home Guard has lower service fees than other home warranty companies. The coverage from Liberty Home Guard is fair, with coverage caps that are right around average in the industry. Where the plan stands out is the add-on or additional coverage option choices they offer. Everything from a central vacuum to a locksmith can be added to the Liberty Home Guard plan. The service fee is fair at just $60.
Here’s a detailed look at Liberty Home Guards coverage:
- Appliance Guard ($64.99 per month): The Appliance Guard is an appliance-only plan from LHG with 11 appliances. These appliances include a garage door opener, ceiling fans, cooktop exhaust fan, oven, refrigerator, garbage disposal, dishwasher, microwave, clothes washer, clothes dryer, and refrigerator ice-maker.
- Systems Guard ($69.99 per month): The Systems Guard from Liberty Home Guard is a systems-only plan with 9 total coverages. These systems are the electrical system, air conditioner, bath exhaust fan, heating system, toilet, ductwork, plumbing and plumbing stoppages, and water heater.
- Total Home Guard ($74.99 per month): Total Home Guard combines the coverages of the Systems Guard and the Appliance Guard to be a comprehensive plan. The Total Home Guard plan has more than 20 coverages making it a great comprehensive choice.
- Optional add-ons: The add-on coverages from LHG include gutter and floor cleaning, re-key service, lawn sprinklers, pest control, wine refrigerator, and more. Most home warranty companies have a few add-on coverages, but Liberty Home Guard offers more than 20 for homeowners to choose from. This coverage starts at around $4 per month and increases to close to $30 per month.
Cost Per Month
Total Home Guard
“We had our refrigerator, and our stove goes out at the same time. The freezer had built up frost inside. I never had a frostless one before, so I didn’t realize that I needed to get rid of that, but we did. And that took care of that. The stove needed a new igniter. It took a long time to get the part. But that wasn’t Liberty’s fault. It’s just Samsung parts are hard to get right now. Other than that, everything went fine. They’ve sent out the repair people, and the repair people did their job. Everything works now. Liberty Home Guard is good. They did what they said they were going to do. Worth the money.” Source
6. Cinch Home Services: Best Workmanship
Cinch Home Services offers the best workmanship guarantee for Elizabeth homeowners. With a 180 day, workmanship guarantee, homeowners can rest assured that they will almost never pay a service fee twice for the same repair. The workmanship guarantee being this long also ensures that Cinch Home Services fully trusts the repair personnel that they use to complete work around your home.
Cinch Home Services has been on the market for more than 40 years. During this time, they have expanded their coverage options, improved customer service, and become one of the most well-known home warranty providers in the industry. Whether you are new to homeownership or have been in your home for your entire life, the Cinch Home Service plan could be an excellent fit for your needs.
Plans, Pricing, & Coverage
There are three home warranty plans from Cinch Home Services. The Complete Home Plan is the perfect combination of both system and appliance coverage for Elizabeth homeowners. The service fees from Cinch Home Services are adjustable. The higher the service fees, the lower the monthly payments. Coverage from Cinch Home Services is impressive, and the coverage caps are typically above average for the industry. With the Cinch Home Services home warranty, you will have full confidence in your home being well protected from repair and replacement-related expenses. The service fees from Cinch are between $100 and $150, although a little higher than others on the market, it is well worth it for that long workmanship guarantee.
- Appliances Plan ($44.99 per month): The Appliance Plan from Cinch Home Services is the most basic coverage, yet it covers 11 appliances. These appliances are the microwave, cooktop exhaust fan, trash compactor, clothes dryer, food center, refrigerator, free-standing ice maker, oven, refrigerator ice-maker, dishwasher, and clothes washer.
- Built-In Systems Plan ($51.99 per month): The Built-In Systems plan includes air conditioner, ductwork, water dispenser, smoke alarms, sump pump, septic tank pumping, bath exhaust fans, cooktop fans, garbage disposal, doorbells, toilet, electrical system, heating system, water heater, plumbing, and plumbing stoppages, garage door opener, spa, central vacuum, attic fans, and whole house fan. Even though this is a systems-only home warranty, it offers a tremendous amount of coverage for the price.
- Complete Home Plan ($61.99 per month): The Complete Home Plan has a mix of both system and appliance coverage for just a few dollars more per month. This plan even comes with a credit towards new AC filters each year and other premium services and benefits.
- Optional add-ons: Cinch Home Services does not offer many add-on coverages. The add ons include pool, septic systems, and well pump. The pricing for these add ons starts at around $8 per month and increases from there.
Cost Per Month
$100 – $150
Built-In Systems Plan
$100 – $150
Complete Home Plan
$100 – $150
“The claim process has been great. The techs have been very pleasant and efficient. The service that I’ve gotten and the results have been very good. I rate Cinch very highly, and I recommend them.” Source
7. First Premier Home Warranty: Best Coverage
The First Premier Home Warranty offers the best coverage in Elizabeth. With First Premier Home Warranty, homeowners get a tremendous amount of coverage for a very fair price. The basic plan from First Premier has more than 15 covered items, including both systems and appliances. For homeowners that are having a hard time deciding on which coverage is best for their home, the First Premier home warranty is the best overall choice.
First Premier has only been on the market for a little more than a year. This is a very short period of time to have earned an A rating with the BBB. Customers using First Premier Home Warranty are quite satisfied with the pricing and the coverage that this plan has to offer.
Plans, Pricing, & Coverage
First Premier offers discounts for homeowners that pay for their entire home warranty policy in the first part of the year. If you can pay upfront for twelve months, your monthly pricing will be even lower than it is with other home warranty companies. The service fees associated with First Premier are also reasonably priced. The coverage from First Premier Home Warranty will cover a wide range of appliances and systems. However, there are issues with the coverage caps associated with these plans. Coverage caps tend to be lower than any other plan on the market, and that is partly why the pricing of the plan is so fair. The service fee is just $75.
Here’s a detailed look at the First Premier’s protection plans:
- Gold Plan ($43 per month): The Gold Plan is the budget-friendly choice. It includes 14 items, including your ceiling fan, oven, cooktop exhaust, dishwasher, trash compactor, garbage disposal, ductwork, electrical system, garage door opener, microwave, plumbing system and stoppages, sump pump, and water heater.
- Platinum Plan ($50 per month): The Platinum Plan will include the 14 items in the Gold Plan plus five more items: air conditioning, heating system, washer, dryer, and refrigerator. Most Elizabeth homeowners choose the Platinum Plan because of the strong mix of system and appliance coverage. This plan is the better value.
- Optional add-ons: The coverage options from First Premier include a free-standing ice maker, roof leaks, stand-alone freezer, septic tank pumping, well pump, water softener, central vacuum, refrigerator ice maker, lawn sprinkler, septic, spa, and pool coverage. These coverages typically start around $5 per month.
Cost Per Month
“Just being honest. I have had many home warranties throughout my life as a homeowner. First premier Home Warranty is definitely one of the best. Fast turnarounds and excellent customer service. If you’re on the fence and need coverage at a reasonable price. Don’t sacrifice service for the price. This is a perfect marriage of the two. I’ve done the research for you. Good luck!”Source
What Is A Home Warranty
A home warranty is a home system and appliance protection plan that will help keep out-of-pocket expenses to a minimum. If you are tired of every home appliance or system repair costing you more money, a home warranty can help. The home warranty can protect everything from your furnace to your sewer lines. Taking advantage of the benefits of your home warranty is quite simple.
To file a claim with your home warranty provider, simply login to their online portal or give them a call. When you talk to the provider, they will immediately start working on repairing your home systems and appliances. Most home warranty companies will respond to an issue within a 24 to 48 hour time period. The total out-of-pocket cost for the repair should just be a service fee. Service fees are typically priced between $60 and $150.
Homeowners in Elizabeth need to pay careful attention to the home systems and appliances they choose under their home warranty plan. The combination of coverages will make or break the value of the plan.
How to Find the Best Home Warranty in Elizabeth
Now that you have a list of the top seven best home warranty plans in Elizabeth, it’s time to consider which one of these could be best for you. When doing this, you will want to look at overall pricing, customer service reviews, as well as coverage caps, service fees, and monthly pricing. Now is the time to lock in a great deal on a home warranty plan for your Elizabeth home.
The coverage caps will range in price from $500 to more than $3000. The more high-end your appliances are, the higher the coverage caps need to be. When you have a higher coverage cap, more of your repair or replacement will be covered.
The service fees are paid each time a home warranty repair or replacement is scheduled. Service fees will range from around $60 to more than $150. Some home warranty plans allow for customizable service fees.
The monthly price of a home warranty plan will probably help you decide on whether or not this is the home warranty plan for your needs. The monthly pricing is typically between $40 and $60 per month. Monthly pricing can sometimes be lowered if you choose a home warranty that allows you to pay upfront for the entire year.
What Does a Home Warranty Cover in Elizabeth
An Elizabeth home warranty plan will help customers protect both appliances and systems in their homes? The coverage is for normal wear of these systems and appliances and not for intentional breakage or misuse. In fact, if you accidentally crack your cooktop or pull too hard on the handle of your microwave, the home warranty will not cover these mistakes. Home warranty plans are there to protect against things that homeowners have no control over.
When you schedule a service call for one of your home systems or appliances, the service repair technician will ensure that proper maintenance has been done on the appliance or system in question. If it turns out that you have not changed your HVAC filters in the last three years, the home warranty company will likely deny your claim.
Home warranty companies do not cover natural disasters, as this is typically included in your homeowner’s insurance plan. Overall, if you do a good job maintaining your home and you happen to run into an issue, the home warranty will step in and help cover it.
Here are the common systems covered under an Elizabeth home warranty plan:
- HVAC (heating and air conditioning)
- HVAC ductwork
- Ceiling and exhaust fans
- Plumbing system including stoppages
- Electrical system
- Water heater
- Garbage disposal
Common appliances covered under Elizabeth home warranties include:
- Oven / Range / Stove
- Clothes Washer
- Clothes Dryer
- Built-in microwave
Benefits of a Home Warranty in Elizabeth
A home warranty is a money-saving plan. If you want to save money and make homeownership more affordable, the home warranty is a great plan. However, there are other benefits aside from just cost savings. These benefits include peace of mind, quality contractors, and fast response times.
Peace of Mind
Homeowners are under a lot of stress and pressure. It is challenging to own a home and have to deal with all of the maintenance and issues that can come up. With a home warranty in place, you can live with much less stress. Rest assured, knowing that the next issue that comes up with your home appliances or systems is only going to cost you the service fee associated with your plan.
Home warranty plans will only work with quality contractors. These contractors come in to fix and repair a home warranty-related issue, and it is meant to last. Finding these types of contractors on your own can be difficult, and you will spend quite some time doing it. With a home warranty, everything will be done for you.
Fast Response Times
A home warranty will typically respond to a repair-related issue within the first 24 to 48 hours after you submit the claim. Finding a repair service this fast on your own will be a lot of work. The fast response times are a major benefit and will ensure your home is back up and running in no time.
We hope that you now feel as though you can choose the best home warranty for your Elizabeth, NJ home. There are many great options on the market, but Choice Home Warranty stands out as the best overall. With Choice Home Warranty, the Warranty plan has been on the market for more than 13 years; the Choice Home Warranty plan has just the right amount of coverage for the price. When shopping for a home warranty plan, it makes sense to get more than one quote. Comparing coverages, pricing, and service fees can help ensure you get a great deal on your home warranty coverage.
Our Rating Methodology
At Review Home Warranties, we are committed to providing our readers with comprehensive and unbiased information on each provider that we review. Our methodology is a step-by-step process that ensures we maintain your trust through transparency and data that is backed up through routine check-ins. When we picked our top home warranty companies, we reviewed and analyzed over 50 different companies. We then narrowed down our findings based on criteria that we find to be the most helpful for a homeowner in choosing a home warranty plan. Here is what our review process looks like:
- We call every home warranty provider, talking to sales agents and company representatives to gather accurate information on:
- Fine Print
- Plan Options
- Service Contract Details
- Customer Service
- Ratings and Reviews
- Add-On Options
- Additional Benefits
- We test the customer service, including factors such as wait times, friendliness, and problem-solving ability.
- We analyze the sample contracts and fine print from each brand we review. This allows us to break down the industry jargon, check for hidden stipulations, and see what is and isn’t covered so we can give readers straightforward information.
- We update all of this information on a continuous basis, storing it in a proprietary database that allows us to compare dozens of home warranty companies against each other.
From here we created a comprehensive, 100 point, rating scale based on the following factors:
- Plan options (25): Providers that offer more flexibility in their plans are rated higher.
- Coverage specifics (5): The more items covered in a home warranty plan, the higher the score.
- Pricing (25): We take the monthly fee and service fee into consideration when rating pricing.
- Trustworthiness (25): We comb through hundreds of reviews and check on BBB ratings to determine the trustworthiness of a company.
- State availability (5): Finding coverage in your state can be a challenge if home warranty companies aren’t located there. The more states covered, the higher the score.
- Customer service (10): Is this home warranty company responsive? Do they respond quickly to claims filed? Are they helpful in answering questions? All of these factors are considered when rating customer service.
- Additional benefits (5): Home warranty companies will typically offer special promotions or benefits for signing up for their services. The companies with the most benefit scored higher.
Of the 50 different companies that we’ve reviewed, we’ve broken down the seven best providers for home warranty coverage. To keep our ratings and data current, we have a full-time researcher who collects (and regularly updates) more than 100 specific data points from each company to help us compare them on key factors such as coverage, cost, service, and dependability. This list is ever-changing, as companies will update policies and procedures, and we will change our information accordingly.