Having working appliances in our kitchen and living room is a luxury often taken for granted. In order to ensure that your appliances are always in working order, without causing you much of an inconvenience and keeping your budget intact, home appliance insurance is the way to go. In our guide, we will show you . . .
- What home appliance insurance is
- Who needs home appliance insurance
- Which companies offer the best home appliance insurance
- What to look for when choosing a home appliance insurance company
- And much more
We’ve reviewed over 70 different companies that offer home appliance insurance, and below are our top picks for coverage specific to your state.
Best Home Appliance Insurance Options (2022)
Compare Home Appliance Insurance Providers
|Provider||Visit Site||Best For||Monthly Cost||Service Fee||BBB Rating||States Not Covered|
|Choice Home Warranty||Visit Site||Best Overall||$36-$44||$60-$85||B||WA|
|American Home Shield|
|Select Home Warranty||Visit Site||Most Affordable||$36-$50||$36-$50||C||NY, NV, WA, WI|
The Home Service Club
Best for Quick Coverage
Liberty Home Guard
Best Customer Service
Home Appliance Insurance Ranked
For a new homeowner or a first-time buyer, the terms home warranty, homeowners insurance, and appliance insurance might be a little confusing. After all, they are all geared to protect your home and save you from spending more on repairs and replacement costs.
What's In This Guide?
What's In This Guide?
Those appliances aren’t going to protect themselves. And these days, they are built for planned obsolescence. So for added peace of mind and simplicity, many are turning to appliance insurance as a way to augment what is not covered in homeowner’s insurance. Think of it as “gap” insurance for your appliances.
So, what is the difference between appliance insurance, home warranty, and homeowners insurance?
A homeowners insurance is a home protection plan that covers your home for accidents and break-ins. So in case, there’s a fire or a natural calamity that has hit your home and destroyed your home systems or appliances, the insurance will compensate you.
But what if your refrigerator just stops working due to normal tear and wear? Here’s where you need appliance insurance. It covers all your home appliances, but only if they break down due to normal wear and tear. With some insurers, you’ll be required to provide maintenance records as they won’t cover neglect.
There’s also a manufacturer’s warranty, and this is issued by the brand of the appliance you own, but it only covers one item and only lasts for a short period, between 1-3 years mostly.
Appliance insurance is often paired with systems, and it makes up a home warranty.
So, what is the best appliance insurance?
Top 5 Best Home Warranty Companies for Appliance Insurance:
- Choice Home Warranty (Best Overall)
- American Home Shield (Most Customizable)
- Select Home Warranty (Most Affordable)
- The Home Service Club (Best For Quick Coverage)
- Liberty Home Guard (Best Customer Service)
All five of these top home appliance warranty companies are known for their impressive workmanship and coverage. However, from one home appliance repair insurance company to another, there are subtle differences that homeowners must understand. If you are ready to see which of these plans could make the most sense for you, let’s take a deeper look at the top five best appliance insurance companies on the market.
1. Best Overall: Choice Home Warranty
Choice Home Warranty is the best overall home warranty for appliances. With Choice Home Warranty’s plan, you will get both system and appliance coverage with either of their two policy options. Choice Home Warranty has been on the market for 13 years and is known for having very fair pricing for consumers. Choice Home Warranty also has a simple and straightforward contract that will let homeowners see exactly what parts of their appliances are covered under this plan.
Both plans cover systems and appliances
Cannot put together a custom plan
Pricing is fair
Service fees are reasonable
The contract is straightforward to follow and understand
Plans, Pricing, and Coverage
There are only two plans available from the Choice Home Warranty company, but each of these plans is a comprehensive choice with impressive coverage. The Basic Plan and the Total plan have systems and appliances and very high coverage limits associated with each of the plans.
Some of the most popular appliance coverages found as part of Choice Home Warranty’s policies include the refrigerator, stove, cooktop, washing machine, and dryer. Choice Home Warranty has some of the higher policy limits on the market. This ensures that you will be able to afford part of a replacement for some of these impressive appliances as well.
Take a deeper look at Choice Home Warranty’s protection plans:
- Basic Plan ($42 per month): The Basic Plan from Choice Home Warranty is one of the most comprehensive home warranty plans on the market. The coverage you get for this plan’s price is tough to beat. There are 14 total covered items, including ceiling fans, cooktop exhaust fans, dishwasher, ductwork, garbage disposal, electrical system, garage door opener, heating system, oven, microwave, plumbing system, toilet, and water heater.
- Total Plan ($53.33 per month): As great as the Basic Plan is, it does not cover air conditioning or a refrigerator. Although the Total plan is a bit more expensive, it has some essential coverages. There are 18 covered items under the Total Plan from Choice Home Warranty, and some of the most important appliances are covered.
- Optional add-ons: Choice Home Warranty does not have too many add-on options for homeowners; however, you will have the basics like central vacuum, septic tank, sump pump, well pump, and a pool and spa. Most of the optional coverages are for home systems and not appliances.
Cost Per Month
What Customers Are Saying:
“Jason Key,Owner of the final touch was very nice, knowledgeable, efficient an professional. I had a running toilet, an a leaky faucet fixed. I will be calling on his services again.” Source
2. Most Customizable: American Home Shield
American Home Shield is the most customizable home warranty plan for appliance insurance. If you are a homeowner that wants certain appliances covered under the plan, American Home Shield is the best overall option. With American Home Shield, you can pick and choose which products are covered under the plan and find something that works specifically for your needs. American Home Shield has been on the market for more than 50 years, and they are considered to have premium coverage. American Home Shield has slightly higher pricing, but they are known for paying out claims when an issue comes up.
It has been on the market for 50 years
Price is a little higher than other plans
Easy to build out a custom plan
Plenty of add on options
Pricing can be customized as well
Plans, Pricing, and Coverage
The three plans from American Home Shield include ShieldSilver, ShieldGold, and ShieldPlatinum. Each of these is going to act as a starting point, and then the rest of the plan can be customized on top of that. The Platinum Plan is one of the most extensive home appliance insurance plans on the market and will offer a wide range of coverage options.
One of the things that help American Home Shield stand out is the higher coverage limits. With these high coverage limits, even if you need a replacement of an appliance, your plan should cover a good portion of it. In addition to the appliance coverage with American Home Shield, expect to get excellent system coverage as well.
Here’s a more detailed look at American Home Shield’s Plans:
- ShieldSilver™ ($45 per month): American Home Shield is known for its premium coverage. ShieldSilver is the most affordable of all the plans from AHS. It covers fourteen home systems, including air conditioning, electrical system, doorbells, garage door opener, water heater, and ductwork. Most systems will come with a coverage cap of $2,500, but some are higher. The highest coverage caps are offered with ShieldPlatinum.
- ShieldGold™ ($55 per month): The difference between ShieldSilver and ShieldGold is quite impressive. ShieldGold has 23 systems and appliances, including the six you will find with ShieldSilver. ShieldGold is a comprehensive plan and has a customizable service fee. You can make this plan work for you financially and add the coverage you need.
- ShieldPlatinum™ ($79 per month): ShieldPlatinum has 27 covered items and very high coverage caps. Some coverage caps can go as high as $6,000. ShieldPlatinum is one of the most expensive home warranty plans on the market, but homeowners find it worth it for their home systems and appliances.
- Optional add-ons: The pool and spa coverage from American Home Shield is some of the best on the market. In addition, you will find coverage for things like electronics, television, septic systems, and well pumps. With American Home Shield, the customization of coverages allows you to put together a comprehensive plan for your home.
What Customers Are Saying:
“Agent was professional and thorough in explaining the program and coverage. Coverage is broad. Flexible plans are an excellent option. I just signed up and have not used the service.” Source
3. Most Affordable: Select Home Warranty
Select Home Warranty is the most affordable appliance insurance for homeowners. When you consider the fact that Select Home Warranty has been on the market for nine years and they continue to offer these fairly priced policies, you can see why they are so well-liked by customers. Select Home Warranty offers an appliance-only plan that helps homeowners keeps the cost down but also keeps appliances protected. For a first-time homeowner, Select Home Warranty is one of the smartest options to consider.
Great customer service
Some covered items have lower policy limits
Coverages and exclusions are clearly defined
High workmanship quality
Straightforward policy choices
Plans, Pricing, and Coverage
There are three home warranty plans from Select Home Warranty. The Gold Plan is the best choice for appliances as it is only appliances that are covered on this plan. In addition, the Platinum Care plan can make quite a bit of sense as it is just a few dollars more but will cover all the home systems as well.
The appliance coverage from Select is quite broad. Items such as the refrigerator, washer, dryer, microwave, and dishwasher are all included as part of the plan. The service fees are quite low, making a repair more affordable. However, keep in mind that some of the repair and replacement coverage caps are a little low.
Take a look at Select Home Warranty’s plan options:
- Bronze Care Plan ($41 per month): Select Home Warranty is known for its affordability. For those shopping for appliance insurance, this is a perfect option. The Bronze Care Plan is an appliance-only plan with seven key appliances. These include garbage disposal, dishwasher, clothes dryer, microwave, oven, refrigerator, and clothes washer.
- Gold Care Plan ($41 per month): The Gold Care Plan is the system’s only home warranty plan. This plan is limited to just six systems, but systems tend to have higher repair costs than appliances. The systems covered are air conditioner, ductwork, electrical, heating, plumbing systems, and water heater. Although Gold Care and Bronze Care are the same price, Platinum Care stands out as the best overall appliance insurance from Select Home Warranty.
- Platinum Care Plan ($47 per month): The Platinum Care Plan from Select Home Warranty is the most popular plan. Homeowners can get double the coverage for just a few dollars more than Gold Care or Bronze Care.
- Optional add-ons: There are just a few add-on coverages from Select Home Warranty, including pool, spa, septic system, lawn sprinklers, stand-alone freezer, central vacuum, well pump, and sump pump. All home warranty plans from Select Home Warranty come with free roof leak coverage.
What Customers Are Saying:
“This home warranty company goes above and beyond the call of duty I was able to get my HVAC in just one day, and it was a HOT day too.” Source
4. Best for Quick Coverage: The Home Service Club
The Home Service Club is the best appliance insurance for quick coverage. With The Home Service Club home warranty, your policy will start in just ten days. This is considerably faster than other home warranty plans on the market, and homeowners can benefit greatly from knowing their home is protected. The Home Service Club does not require an inspection before the start of the policy. In addition, the warranty is fairly priced with a large selection of coverages. With 13 years in the industry, this is an excellent appliance insurance plan to consider.
Policy starts in just ten days
No cheap plan option with limited coverage
Both plans are comprehensive
Strong history in the industry
Great customer service
Plans, Pricing, and Coverage
The Home Service Club has two home warranty plans to choose from Standard Coverage and Comprehensive Coverage. The Standard Coverage has about 18 covered appliances and systems, while the Comprehensive has 33. However, the Standard Plan is the option with most appliances covered.
Appliance coverage from The Home Service Club is quite good. The Standard Coverage Plan covers your dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, clothes washer, clothes dryer, trash compactor, oven, and free-standing ice maker. When you switch to the Comprehensive Plan, you will get more coverage but no extra appliance coverage.
Take a more detailed look at The Home Service Club’s home warranty plans:
- Standard Coverage ($50 per month): The Standard Plan is the most basic option from The Home Service Club. Even though this is considered the basic plan, there are 18 covered items. The coverages include air conditioners, ceiling fans, water leaks, water heater, electrical system, central vacuum, dishwasher, refrigerator, trash compactor, oven, and more.
- Comprehensive Coverage ($63.00 per month): The Comprehensive Coverage Plan from The Home Service Club takes the Standard Plan and increases the coverage by about ten items. The extra coverages include things like gas leaks, ductwork, sump pump, pest control, doorbells, plumbing stoppages, attic fans, whole house exhaust, and more. The Comprehensive Coverage will not offer too many more coverages when it comes to appliances.
- Optional add-ons: The Home Service Club offers 12 additional or add-on coverages as part of their home warranty plan. The add-ons include things like a well pump, service line, plumbing sprinkler, spa and spa heater, free-standing freezer, water softener, and more. Most of the add-ons are system as opposed to appliance-related.
What Customers Are Saying:
“It is nice to find a company that is very trustworthy and committed to excellence! We have had this house for close to seven years and have renewed the warranty each year. Over this period, Home Service Club has sent reliable contractors each time we filed a claim. Great value for money. 5 stars!” Source
5. Best Customer Service: Liberty Home Guard
Liberty Home Guard is the home warranty for the best customer service. After just two years in the home appliance insurance industry, Liberty Home Guard has received an A rating with the BBB. Liberty Home Guard has managed to earn an A rating with the BBB quickly. The overall fair pricing, impressive attention to detail, and highly-trained customer service representatives are big reasons for this.
BBB rating of an A
Plan add on options will increase overall pricing
Very fair overall pricing
60 Day workmanship guarantee
A long list of add on coverage
Plans, Pricing, and Coverage
There are three home warranty plans offered by Liberty Home Guard. For appliance insurance, the Appliance Guard and the Total Home Guard are the best overall choice. We like the Total Home Guard policy because of the fair value yet impressive coverage.
The appliance coverage from Liberty Home Guard is excellent; in addition to having a very low service fee, the policy coverage caps are fair. You will certainly get some money towards replacement costs as long as your appliances are in decent condition overall. With the impressive customer service from Liberty Home Guard, this is a plan that will make sense to invest in.
Here’s a more detailed look at Liberty Home Guard’s plans:
- Appliance Guard ($69.99 per month): Appliance Guard is one of the better options on the market for appliance insurance as it has 11 appliances on the plan. These include a refrigerator, cooktop exhaust fan, ceiling fans, dishwasher, oven, clothes dryer, clothes washer, garage door opener, microwave, garbage disposal, and refrigerator ice-maker.
- Systems Guard ($74.99 per month): The Systems Guard plan is essentially the opposite of the Appliance Guard and covers nine systems. The systems included in this plan are air conditioner, electrical system, bath exhaust fan, ductwork, heating system, plumbing and plumbing stoppages, toilet, and water heater. This plan is a few dollars more than the Appliance Guard.
- Total Home Guard ($79.99 per month): The Total Home Guard plan is the best option because of the mix of system and appliance coverage. The pricing is just a few dollars more than the Systems plan, but it has a total of 20 covered items. Even if you are only shopping for appliance insurance, this combination of coverage is hard to pass up.
- Optional add-ons: Liberty Home Guard has one of the most extensive lists of add-on coverage on the market. Some of these coverages are rare, like re-key service, pest control, gutter, floor cleaning, lawn sprinklers, and wine refrigerators—add-on costs will range from $49.99 to $299.99 annually.
Total Home Guard
What Customers Are Saying:
“My experience with Liberty has been overall positive but I do want to especially call out that their supervisor staff is truly fantastic with any type of problem you might face. I’ve had the pleasure to work with Jake on a recent claim, and he went to bat for me and had my claim prioritized. As a result, we got our replacement within 24 hours. I sincerely appreciate all the efforts on our behalf!” Source
What is Appliance Insurance?
Appliance insurance is something called a home warranty that will protect you from high repair or replacement-related expenses of your appliances. When your refrigerator breaks down and needs to be repaired, it can cost hundreds of dollars out of pocket. However, with appliance insurance in place, the repair will only cost a service fee (typically between $60 and $125). The appliance insurance plan can save homeowners time and money and provide peace of mind.
What Does Appliance Insurance Cover?
Appliance insurance will cover the repair and replacement of appliances that have issues related to normal wear and tear. If your dishwasher stops breaking due to no fault of your own, chances are it has an internal issue that needs the help of a qualified repair technician. The appliance insurance comes with a coverage cap, and the entire repair costs are not always covered, but the costs savings will be significant.
How Much Does Appliance Insurance Cost?
The appliance insurance can cost anywhere from around $40 a month to more than $80 a month. With higher-priced appliance insurance costs, the plan will likely have quite a bit more coverage and higher coverage caps. Luckily there are plans like Select Home Warranty that have more of a budget-type model.
How Does Insurance for Your Home Appliances Work?
Insurance for your home appliances is quite simple. The first step is to purchase a policy that meets the needs of your home. Once you have this in place, you will wait for an issue to come up with the covered appliances in your home.
When the issue comes up, you can schedule a repair with your home warranty company, pay a service fee and have them come out to your home to inspect the issue. The repair technician will decide if the appliance can be fixed or if it needs a replacement.
If the appliance can be fixed within the coverage limits of your home warranty policy, then you will not owe any other out-of-pocket expenses. If there is a replacement necessary, you will likely have to make up the difference between the depreciated value of the appliance, the coverage cap, and the cost of a new appliance.
Home appliance insurance can save homeowners both time and money.
What Is Not Covered Under Appliance Insurance?
Just as important as understanding what your home appliance insurance covers is understanding what it does not cover. There are certain things that home warranty insurance will not cover, regardless of the policy that you choose. Some of these things include . . .
- Pest damage
- Improper installation
- Neglect of appliances
- Using appliances incorrectly
- Scratches or dents
- An appliance covered by a manufacturer warranty
Essentially if you are not taking care of your home appliances, you can’t expect your home appliance insurance company to do it for you. For instance, if your refrigerator has a water filtration system that you have been warned to change several times and neglected, the home appliance insurance will not cover it.
Stay up to date with taking care of your appliance, and understand the details and specifics of your plan. If you do this, chances are you are going to have no issues with your home appliance insurance.
What Should You Consider When Buying Home Appliance Insurance?
There are dozens of reputable home appliance insurance companies on the market. In order to ensure that you get the proper one for your needs, you must first understand how these plans differ from one another. Here are some of the most important things to keep in mind when buying home appliance insurance.
The coverage of your home warranty will include which appliances you can expect to be repaired or replaced under your home warranty policy. Chances are, the basics like the oven, stovetop, and dishwasher will be covered under most plans. Some will consider the washer and dryer and add on, and even the refrigerator can be added. Clearly, look at the appliances covered under the plan to fully understand what you are paying for.
The plan’s pricing will include the monthly fees, cancellation fees, and any service fees. If you are looking for great value, ensure that you consider all of these fees as part of your home warranty plan. The pricing of a home warranty is typically between $40 and $65 a month.
The coverage caps will give you a better idea as to how much a home warranty company will payout when it comes to a repair or replacement. If a home appliance insurance company has a coverage cap of $500 and you need a new refrigerator that costs $2000, chances are you will be paying quite a bit out of pocket. Those with high-end appliances and systems need to consider a higher coverage cap from their policy.
The service fees are paid each time there is a need for a repair or replacement. If you want to keep the overall costs of your policy down, the service fees are essential to consider. Service fees are typically between $60 and $150 per month. If you have several repairs in a month, the lower service fees are essential.
The workmanship is essentially a guarantee of how long your repair is good for. If you have a policy with a 60-day workmanship guarantee, even if you experience the same issue needing repair, the home warranty company will step in and pay for the repairs. Workmanship guarantees whos that a company is serious about their home warranty service, and they trust the technicians.
When Should You Buy A Home Warranty?
It makes sense to buy a home warranty as soon as possible. This is because there is a 30 day waiting period before any home warranty or home appliance insurance goes into effect. Any issues that happen during those 30 days are not going to be covered, and therefore you will want to start your plan as soon as you can.
Home Appliance Warranty of a Different Name
Home warranty companies offer appliance insurance as part of more general plans of service. But as you research, it can get confusing. Home appliance insurance is also known as:
- Home Appliance Warranty
- Home Repair Insurance
It’s all the same stuff. So, to take some of the mystery away, we wanted to provide you with a comprehensive guide to the best appliance insurance policies from the best home warranty companies, and details on everything you should consider in finding the right coverage options and making the right policy purchase for you.
We have analyzed and compared factors related to the home appliance insurance market from multiple home warranty providers and compiled them together in one place so that you can choose the best warranty plan that fits you best.
Please use our charts and the information below to compare both basic and more advanced home appliance insurance programs.
Make sure you read home warranty reviews to get a complete understanding of the offering. Each of these comparison tables will change based on your location in the U.S, so in whatever part of the country you are reading this, the data is tailored to you.
If you’re looking for a trusted, industry-leading home warranty company, we recommend Choice Home Warranty. They’re a top-rated brand and right now you can take advantage of their current promotions that get you $50 off, plus one free month and free 30-Day cancellation. Get a free online quote or contact a specialist at 929-400-6169 before these deals end. Another great option is American Home Shield which offers $50 off. Get a free quote online or you can call a home warranty specialist directly at 866-464-7521.
Best Appliance Insurance Price
|Company||Average Cost||Service Fees||Cancellation Fees|
|Choice Home Warranty||$60- $85|
|American Home Shield||$75- $125|
|Select Home Warranty||$60- $75|
All insurers have limit caps that determine to what extent an item is covered. Here’s a table comparing the limit caps for the best appliance insurance companies to help you determine whether you are getting value for your money.
|Best Appliance Insurance||Coverage Limits for Appliances|
|Choice Home Warranty|
|American Home Shield|
$3000 for ShieldGold
$6000 for ShieldPlatinum
|Select Home Warranty|
But premiums are not the only costs to keep in mind. Here is a breakdown of the kinds of costs you should be paying attention to as you compare home appliance insurance prices. Plan options, covered items, and many other factors will impact price.
The first cost consideration as mentioned above is the premium. There can be as much as a $500 price differential, so you need to take a close look at what that premium gets you. If you start at $300 but need to add on to get the coverage you want, you are not realizing any real savings.
Too often, people forget the service fee aspect of home appliance insurance. Also known as a deductible, the service fee is another cost to consider. Service fees are usually somewhere between $50 and $100. And just like other types of insurance, a higher deductible means higher out-of-pocket costs per claim. But it could be a factor in reducing your monthly premiums, so you need to weigh that.
So again, depending on your insurer and level of coverage, you can expect home appliance insurance to cost between $300 and $800 among the providers we’ve ranked here. It’s important we call out that buying a policy that covers more appliances or adding on coverage of appliances beyond the basic plan will increase your premiums. Deductibles and service fees are also factors to weigh and will affect the overall cost of insurance.
Our Top Picks Recapped
Is Home Appliance Insurance Worth It?
You may be surprised at what all is potentially covered by home appliance insurance. Appliance insurance potentially covers a wide range of major systems including:
- Central vacuum
- Sump pump
- Well pump
- Electrical system
- Lawn sprinkler
- Septic system
- Ceiling fan
- Built-in microwave
And if there is a question about coverage, most states have some form of the dispute resolution process. And appliances plan providers have a vested interest in making things clear from the outset and getting you the coverage outlined in your contract. Here’s a list of even more appliances covered in most plans:
- Garage door opener
- Air conditioner
- Plumbing System, including stoppages
- Clothes washer
- Clothes dryer
- Heating system
- Water heater
- Garbage disposal
To understand if home appliance insurance is worth it for you, consider your current life situation. If you are putting your house on the market, home appliance insurance can be a great incentive to home buyers rather than replacing things. Leave upgrades to the new owner, but offer some peace of mind to them in the process.
Or maybe this is your “forever home.” If the home is an older home and you have some concerns about appliances and systems, it might be time to look at home appliance insurance.
Rather than worrying about getting hit with multiple repair costs, it might make sense to use home appliance insurance as a hedge against those kinds of unwelcome financial surprises.
Things to Consider to Decide if Home Appliance Insurance is Worth it For You
- Understand the Limitations – Home appliance insurance is not the same thing as homeowner’s insurance. And you can have a very basic plan, or a combo plan with add ons that fit your needs. Even the most comprehensive plan is meant to augment, not replace, homeowner’s insurance with an added layer of protection for wear and tear. But if you are hoping to replace home systems like your HVAC system or Furnace with an appliance warranty, that is probably well outside the scope of the coverage.
- One Size Does Not Fit All – When choosing, get a right-sized policy for your needs. Premiums, deductibles, and add-ons can drive up the overall cost. You need to assess your own situation, the size of your home, and other factors to craft a policy to fit those needs. Some companies offer policies with no deductible.
- Assess Your Current Appliance “Situation” – An appliance insurance policy won’t be worth it if it’s covering devices and systems you don’t have. So you need to ask yourself a few questions: What condition are your appliances in at the moment? What is the likelihood that wear and tear will create an undue burden on your finances? Are you going to sell the home soon?
Many opt for home appliance insurance because they don’t think of themselves as particularly handy. But routine maintenance of appliances is a good idea regardless of what coverage you choose, or if you choose against insurance for your major appliances.
Routine maintenance like cleaning refrigerator coils can help you avoid “we don’t cover that” scenarios when you call to make a claim.
How Does Insurance For Appliances Work?
Ok, so when you get down to it, what happens when a covered appliance malfunctions? How does this kind of insurance work? Let’s take a close look at how these scenarios play out.
Step 1: A Problem Arises
Stuff happens. Your dishwasher starts spewing water everywhere, or your microwave stops working. Without appliance insurance, you may not be sure who to call. Or you know exactly who to call and what they will charge on the weekend to come to check things out. Ouch!
With an appliance insurance policy in place, you have a clear course of action to take right away, and no surprise costs for a service call.
Step 2: Understand Coverage
Not everything is covered by appliance warranty plans, and every plan is a little bit different. Whatever is on the fritz, consult the contract to see what is standard in the policy and any optional coverage you opted in for. Not sure what’s covered? See step 3.
Step 3: Request Service Visit/File Claim`
Contact the company to get a service provider out to take care of this asap. You are filing a claim at the same time. The rep will help you further understand your coverage and get help to you.
Step 4: Pay Service Fee and Uncovered Expenses
When establishing the policy, you agreed on a set service fee. When something goes wrong, you will be responsible for that cost, along with any other uncovered expenses. But compared to replacing appliances or other systems out of pocket, the service fees average far less of a cost to you.
Hopefully, you now feel capable of choosing a home warranty plan that is perfect for the appliance in your home. Appliance insurance is something that most homeowners will never regret purchasing. When you can trust your home warranty appliance insurance, you will have great peace of mind about homeownership. Choice Home Warranty is the best comprehensive home warranty on the market. With Choice Home Warranty, you will get fair pricing, impressive customer service, and a plan that will cover some of the systems in your home as well. It is smart to get a few quotes for home appliance insurance so that you are sure you are getting an excellent match for your home.