We take our scoring and rating process very seriously. We look after what we believe most clients are after. Our goal is to make the search of a home service provider easy as pie and feature the home warranty insurance companies which are most apt for our readers' requirements.
This can be a difficult task at times, but our experts are using a plethora of data we have gathered for several years and analyzing it statistically, and are able to output what we believe is the best answer.
Here are some of the aspects we take into consideration. You can view the precise criteria we use for rankings in each of the review pages, but below you can find our top executive summary for how do we look at a home warranty provider.
- Credible home warranty providers. Credible companies are ones that have a clear contact address in the U.S, we know the names of the key guys like the CEO, and of course, we have client reviews we have been able to locate from across the web. Usually, big companies with a lot of employees, like Choice Home Warranty, have higher credibility. However, it does not mean that a small service provider can't have high credibility as well. Smaller and more localized home warranty vendors, like Elevate Home Warranty, for example, that operate only in one state, sometimes have better services and more time to devote to you and your requests.
- Affordable prices. In each review, you can find the complete array of plans available at this service provider, the cost of each package or component, and the deductible, or service call fee.
- A superb service. That's why we aggregate every client review we could locate online about each company, both positive and negative, and make sure clients like the service they are getting.
- A quick response times. When you have a problem in your home, like a sink leak or a broken heater in the middle of a cold winter, you need it to be fixed right now, not in a few days or weeks. That's why it is important for us to know that the service providers we recommend can handle all claims quickly and effectively.
- Variety of plans. Different plans with several types of coverage and diverse prices are necessary for a provider in order to be agile and flexible with its customers. We like those who can offer you a basic plan and some extras, or a more comprehensive plan if needed.
We Do Not Appreciate
- Any home warranty service vendors who are not honest and transparent about the nature of their service, and who's behind the company. You can read some examples of such companies on our home warranty scams page.
- Service providers who do not provide exemplary service to clients. If the majority of clients is dissatisfied about the quality and nature of services they have been provided with, then we are not happy with this company either.
- Home warranty services who charge you through the roof for their services. Insurance companies of all kinds must make a profit, we get that, but there is absolutely no point in purchasing a home warranty if you are going to pay massive amounts of cash each month on it. If you eventually pay more each month than it would cost you to use a professional for your home repairs, you are doing it all wrong.
- Companies that take their time and not providing you the service you deserve in a reasonable timeframe.
- Companies that are not easily accessible around the clock. Some home repairs, like a leaking water heater or a broken air conditioner in the middle of the summer, are emergencies and should be treated as such. In case the company does not provide emergency services, we will warn our customers about it.
Home Warranty Provider Reviews in 2019
Not all home warranty service providers rated and reviewed on our site, Yet! Our top experts in the insurance industry are working carefully on each review, to supply to you all the information you need to make the right decision for you and your loved ones. Using the service of a home warranty provider is a financial decision, that will affect your monthly costs. Choosing the most suitable service provider for your needs can save you money, time and hassle. Please don't underestimate the financial burdens unexpected home expenses could have on your family. Look at the list above carefully and defend your wallet from extra and unnecessary costs.
There are a lot of home warranty providers around the U.S. Our expert team has discovered more than 70 of them. A part of them is already ranked, compared and rated on ReviewHomeWarranties.com. During 2019 we intend to finish reviewing the rest of the home warranty services available and start comparing them to each other.
So far, you can find in the site our top-recommended home warranty providers (a rank above 85), recommended providers (rank between 70-85) and unrecommended providers (rank below 70), as you can see in the chart below:
About 30% of the service provider we review are ranked and rated as Top Recommended. We also found that 20% of the providers have a low quality of services or low BBB rating and have claims that get denied. Overall, most of the providers suggest decent and recommendable products and services. We have also created several comparative pieces showing two companies head-to-head like Choice Home Warranty vs American Home Shield.
Can't find a home warranty service in the list above?
Please write to us! we want to become the most comprehensive home warranty provider review site in the world, and we can only get there through assistance from our loyal readers. We would really know to know each and every home warranty service provider in the USA in order to become the ultimate one-stop-shop for everything home warranties. We want to reflect a fully transparent mapping of the home warranty industry to our readers so they could thoroughly compare the offering of each of the providers.