Disclosure: ReviewHomeWarranties.com has referral agreements with some of the home warranty companies presented on our lists throughout this website, including our the above rankings. Referral income which we generate through these agreements helps us keep the content free of ads and accessible.
Home Warranties. Reviewed.
At ReviewHomeWarranties, we create attractive and detailed home warranty reviews, delving into the subtle differences of each home warranty company on the market today.
Our staff consists of insurance industry veterans and data analysts to help you find the best home warranty companies for your needs, and you can view our most up to date ratings for each below. The below table will automatically update to reflect the home warranties for purchase in your current location.
Our recommended 10 home warranty companies for 2020 selection is meticulous and careful.
Our aim is to offer a home warranty assessment that goes beyond the realm of banality. We refuse to create simple listing consisting of promotional material. Instead, we attempt to provide our readers with a valid comparative analysis of the recommended home warranty coverage plans together in one place for your convenience.
We started off on a much smaller scale in 2017, and our initial content consisted of reviews of the top 10 largest home warranty businesses in America and a simple guide on how to buy a home warranty. Our first home warranty reviews were for industry-giants like FAHW, 2-10, HSA, Select and AHS.
We're pleased to say that since then, we have expanded tremendously - boasting more than 50 home warranty company reviews to date (with dozens more on our database which should go live during next year). The complete list of such companies can be found on our home warranty company list.
We plan to further expand our offering by researching and analyzing every single one of the home warranties available for American clients. We are also constantly overhauling our home warranty guide - by tweaking the information, adding additional data, and perfecting our insight mechanism. Through that, we hope to help people get a better understanding of the industry and choose not only a top-rated home warranty company, but one that in fact, fits their requirements.
Table of contents
To quickly navigate through our homepage and website please view these quick links:
- Our 2020 Home Warranty Rankings: Pros and Cons per Company
- How We Keep Home Warranty Reviews up to Date: Our Review Process and Our Focal Points
- Compare Top 10 Companies: Rating, Covered States, Covered Items, Annual Premiums
- Best Home Warranty Plans: How to Choose the Best Home Warranty Plan (Separate Page)
- Popular States: The Top States for Home Warranties, and Designated Guides
- Home Warranty Buying Guide: Why and How to Buy a Home Warranty
- Our Comprehensive Guides: In-Depth Articles About Specific Topics Relating to Insurance and Warranties
- Editor's Notes: Editor's Final Notes and Takes
How do we make sure our home warranty reviews are up to par?
- We devote substantial resources into collating the most relevant and up-to-date information about each and every reviewed company operating in the home warranty domain. We verify all of our data on a monthly basis.
- We compare home warranties using a multitude of parameters, and against the industry's benchmark. Each of the reviews' final ratings is composed of dozens of data points which are carefully presented within our reviews.
- We make constant and real time changes to our data, content, and scoring. We have a dedicated staff, consisting of analysts and wordsmiths, whose sole role is to perfect our product and offering with each passing day. We adapt our conclusions and buying recommendations accordingly.
Compare The Top 10 Rated Home Warranty Companies
|Available for me?|
|Choice Home Warranty Review||97.50||48||27||$457 - $580||Available in Virginia|
|American Home Shield Review||97.00||50||27||$420 - $720||Available in Virginia|
|Select Home Warranty Review||95.80||47||24||$629 - $796||Available in Virginia|
|Total Home Protection Review||95.20||46||29||$479 - $624||Available in Virginia|
|First American Home Warranty Review||94.90||35||25||$348 - $546||Available in Virginia|
|Amazon Home Warranty Review||92.90||43||38||$479 - $624||Available in Virginia|
|Cinch Home Services Review||92.00||49||34||$420 - $744||Available in Virginia|
|America’s 1st Choice Home Club Review||91.80||47||24||$315 - $600||Available in Virginia|
|2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Review||90.20||43||35||$399 - $549||Available in Virginia|
|The Home Service Club Review||89.50||50||37||$554 - $800||Available in Virginia|
What do our scores and ratings represent?
Upon assessing and rating a company, we focus on the following 6 pillars.
All the top-rated financial and home services around the world are reliant on reputation and credibility. We favor companies with large clientele who have been operating for many years such as First American Home Warranty, operating since 1979 and serving more than 500,000 homeowners.
Home warranty client reviews are abundant, and we have made a real effort in collating all of them into our database. We analyze the nature of each consumer report - the actual feedback, and not just the score that was assigned by him.
Good home warranty companies will have their terms and conditions clear and comprehensible. At the very least, you could expect to understand what you are signing and what kind of protection are you going to get when you need it.
Each of our home warranty reports includes a plethora of information that should enable a prospective customer make a thoughtful decision on the matter of whether to buy a home warranty or not, and whether he wishes to use any specific company. The ultimate buying decision is YOURS, not ours.
Although many people refer to home warranties as "home warranty insurance", it is simply not true. Home warranties are legally not a form of an insurance, but rather a service agreement. You are welcomed to read more about this topic on our comparison of home warranty vs home insurance.
Home warranties are generally not available nation-wide. We have created state-specific guides for your convenience.
The best home warranty providers in Arizona offer a great selection of coverage plans. We will help you select the one that will cover all the items on your list.
The best home warranty providers in New Mexico offer a great selection of coverage plans. We will help you select the one that will cover all the items on your list.
The best home warranty providers in Idaho offer great coverage plans to fit your needs. Most companies in ID make it easy by offering a systems plan, appliance plan or combo plan.
The best home warranty providers in Kansas know how to best protect your wallet from home repair and replacement costs. How? Because KS residents has access to home warranty companies with great plans. Check out our top 7 picks!
The best home warranty providers in Iowa offer a great selection of coverage plans and additional coverage items. The right home warranty plan is affordable and offers generous coverage limits.
The best home warranty providers in Maine understand that the cost of home maintenance is pricey. So, companies in ME will protect your wallet with affordable premiums and deductibles.
With a home warranty in New Hampshire, its easier than ever to quickly have your systems and appliances repaired. Top companies in NH have a network of contractors ready to help.
The best home warranty providers in Rhode Island offer a great selection of coverage plans. We will help you select the one that will cover all the items on your list.
Delaware home warranty companies understand how to protect your home and wallet from appliance and system malfunction. Save $1,000's per year with the best home warranty plan in DE.
With more than 20 years combined in the area of insurance and product reviews, our staff is as professional as it gets. We write all the content that you find in this guide in-house, after devoting tens of hours into each of the home warranty company reviews, and hopefully, it shows and buying a home warranty is made simple with us.
If your home's appliances or systems break, you may end up paying top dollar to repair them or replace them. An HVAC costs several hundred dollars to repair (if you're lucky), and several thousands if you need to replace it. A sudden, unexpected, expense which may cause a serious dent in your budget.
A home warranty is supposed to address such situations. For an annual premium of $550 on average, in additional to deductible cost per service, you get free repairs, and item replacements - if necessary - up to a certain dollar figure limit.
Not all home warranties are made alike, though. Some companies are more likely to evade customer complaints, either by loopholes in terms and conditions, or through intended neglect. Others will simply offer bad plans not covering the most important items. To discover what's the right home warranty is for you, you must be aware of your specific requirements and perform a thorough research of the offering. There are more than 100 companies operating in this space, offering a grand total of more than 500 plans.
One person trying to acquire a cheap protection for his dishwasher and oven, while another may seek extensive coverage for his large property consisting of an indoor pool. One person cares more about access to professional repair service, while another is seeking to protect against the most extreme situations. Each of them has a company offering a plan that should satisfy their needs, and finding it should prove easy through our website.
- Almost all home warranty company client reviews online are negative. It attests to a problematic nature of the industry, and you should be careful in your selections.
- The providers tend to be intentionally vague in their terms and condition. For example, not explaining which pre-existing conditions are covered. They can use that to evade future claims, so you have to carefully inspect them.
- You need to match between the value of your home systems to the replacement limit on the homeowners home warranty you're buying. Expensive items at home? Our recommendation would be to buy a higher limit plan.
- Most home warranty contracts have a waiting period of 30 days. That means you will not be covered as soon as the next day begins.
- Some home appliances are never covered, such as screens, phones, and computers of all sorts. These are in the bucket of electronics and are usually covered by other separate plans, not a home warranty.
- You would want to sign up with a company that has an emergency service and 24/7 support so when critical systems fail, you won't have clench your teeth until the repairman shows up.
Top 4 Best Home Warranties With No Deductible (2020 Review)
Don't let water damage make a dent in your wallet! The right home warranty company can save you $1,000's when it comes to water damage. Read about the top 5 providers here!read more
Home Warranty vs. Paying Out Of Pocket (2020 Review)
Tired of paying unexpected home repair and replacement costs? The right home warranty plan could save you $1,000's each year in system and appliance repair. Stop paying out of pocket and learn how coverage can help!read more
Top 5 Best Home Warranties For Townhomes (2020 Review)
Need a home warranty plan to protect your townhome's appliances and systems? Save $1,000's in potential damage by learning about the costs, coverage options and limits from the top 5 companies.read more